F1 Race on Cignal TV

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Not sure if we have some fellow motorsports fans in the group?  In particular Formula 1 ...F1 grand prix usually live on Cignal TV ...but apparently no longer 😕 unless it is on one of the beIN channels which I don't have. 

I researched and found I could download in Google Play on my phone the beIN Sports Connect app which has live broadcasting of tonight's 8.55pm race from Spain. Then cast it to the tv to watch.

It also has soccer (eg FA Cup) and tennis coverage. 

I am giving it a trial at P143  for one month (cheaper yearly subscription available) so I can watch the race tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OzeMike said:

Not sure if we have some fellow motorsports fans in the group?  In particular Formula 1 ...F1 grand prix usually live on Cignal TV ...but apparently no longer 😕 unless it is on one of the beIN channels which I don't have. 

I researched and found I could download in Google Play on my phone the beIN Sports Connect app which has live broadcasting of tonight's 8.55pm race from Spain. Then cast it to the tv to watch.

I am giving it a trial at P143  for one month (cheaper yearly subscription available) so I can watch the race tonight. 

Not so big on the F1 but I enjoy it if it's on.  My thing is MotoGP.  BeIN sports is F1 and SPOTV is MotoGP.   

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OzeMike said:

I got excited for a moment and checked it out but can see that although it has FC Cup football it doesn't have EPL football.

Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

starrt
Posted
Posted

Hi OzeMike,

I feel your pain.

F1 used to be carried on Fox Sport. Then when Fox Sport stopped broadcasting on cable, the races were broadcast by Premier Sports. This year it was announced that beIN sports was going to broadcast the races, only on a subscription service for tablets and cellphones. By the way, this covers all of southeast Asia.

It's too bad really, we already pay for an uninspiring cable service, now we are expected to pay extra for use of an app to see the races.

In my humble opinion, this is just another cash grab foisted on us, the viewing public. The new reign of powers that be at F1 only see $$$ in the here and now, and don't seem to care about fan loyalty.

Thomas

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, starrt said:

In my humble opinion, this is just another cash grab foisted on us, the viewing public. The new reign of powers that be at F1 only see $$$ in the here and now, and don't seem to care about fan loyalty.

It seems to be the way of the world.  If I wanted to watch the Australian National Rugby Leage (NRL) or Australian Football League (AFL - Australian rules football) back in Australia it would cost me $25AUD/month on Kayo, with many other sports included, to see the games that aren't on free-to-air.  Kayo is owned by Fox who owns the worldwide streaming rights to both codes.  To watch either here each code is $20AUD a week, that's $20 a week for NRL, and an additional $20 a week for AFL with no other sports included. A total of $160 a month. I can VPN the free-to-air games from the relevant broadcasters' streaming services but Kayo/Fox has a technology that blocks VPNs 100% that even the most reputable VPN providers can't crack, so I'm missing most of the games.  It's the same deal with the Australian cricket team.  

The National Football League in the UK pulled the same stunt when Wrexham FC became insanely popular due to a certain documentary.  We'll have to see what happens now Wrexham has been promoted to EFL League 2.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

To watch either here each code is $20AUD a week, that's $20 a week for NRL, and an additional $20 a week for AFL with no other sports included.

There is an alternative for AFL, I am a Carlton Football Club member and they have an overseas membership that includes streaming rights (they say it's for Carlton home and away but it works for all AFL matches).  That was ummm about $160(ish) for the season which is roughly $25 per month.  Pretty sure it's cheaper to get a club membership than direct subscribe on the web site.

https://www.watchafl.com.au/

I heard that Collingwood Football Club overseas membership comes with a free lobotomy if your IQ is over 90... :whistling:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

There is an alternative for AFL, I am a Carlton Football Club member and they have an overseas membership that includes streaming rights (they say it's for Carlton home and away but it works for all AFL matches).  That was ummm about $160is for the season which is roughly $25 per month.  Pretty sure it's cheaper to get a club membership than direct subscribe on the web site.

https://www.watchafl.com.au/

I heard that Collingwood Football Club overseas membership comes with a free lobotomy if your IQ is over 90... :whistling:

I've looked into that through the Swans membership and they don't do it.  I don't think I could bring myself to give another club any money...

You want to know why Collingwood won all those premierships over the WWII period?  All the other players were off fighting but Collingwood players weren't allowed entry into the AIF so they were at full strength while the rest were basically under age teams.  Why weren't they allowed to join?  They weren't dentally fit! :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2023 at 9:49 PM, BrettGC said:

Not so big on the F1 but I enjoy it if it's on.  My thing is MotoGP.  BeIN sports is F1 and SPOTV is MotoGP.   

Great, I also a keen Moto GP fan, is it possible to watch Moto GP on SPOTV and if so would really appreciate details on how to set it up. apologize for the questions how ever being a computer dummy makes it hard. We have a pretty good connection here.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Great, I also a keen Moto GP fan, is it possible to watch Moto GP on SPOTV and if so would really appreciate details on how to set it up. apologize for the questions how ever being a computer dummy makes it hard. We have a pretty good connection here.

We have Fil-Products for internet and part of that package is a basic cable TV service at probably the cheapest level for Cignal, Sky Cable etc that gives us SPOTV.  Cignal and Sky Cable have SPOTV but I'm not sure at what tier.  Cignal it's only available post-paid through a dish and Sky only on their streaming service, again post-paid.  I'd go into your local Sky office and discuss the options as their website seems a little dated; they're still promoting the last summer Olympics.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

We have Fil-Products for internet and part of that package is a basic cable TV service at probably the cheapest level for Cignal, Sky Cable etc that gives us SPOTV.  Cignal and Sky Cable have SPOTV but I'm not sure at what tier.  Cignal it's only available post-paid through a dish and Sky only on their streaming service, again post-paid.  I'd go into your local Sky office and discuss the options as their website seems a little dated; they're still promoting the last summer Olympics.  

Thanks for that, was starting to install a prepaid Signal just for MotoGP, how ever we are not allowed to fit the dish on our condo, very disappointed. Will check out Sky, not sure they are active in Bacolod.