Balikbayan Renewal Policy

M1ke
Posted
Posted

Greeting, 

We entered Philippines with my wife and got i Balikbayan stamp for a year.

I wonder if it is renewable or a single time use only “privilege”?

Say i leave country for a month after visa will expire, then get back to Philippines. Will i be able to acquire another Balikbayan stamp?

Or must it be longer? And how long then?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

No, 12 months only. You can continue as a tourist and get a tourist visa.  But you also said about leaving and starting again. In real terms no, but most likely no one will question it. Google what a Balikbayan  visa is really meant for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, M1ke said:

Greeting, 

We entered Philippines with my wife and got i Balikbayan stamp for a year.

I wonder if it is renewable or a single time use only “privilege”?

Say i leave country for a month after visa will expire, then get back to Philippines. Will i be able to acquire another Balikbayan stamp?

Or must it be longer? And how long then?

Welcome to the forum Mike. Pleased to have you here. :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, M1ke said:

You will "probably" be able to get another stamp for another year.  Many people, (almost everyone), get it even if they have only been out of the country a week or so.  But it is a "privilege" so they could stop allowing that any time they choose.  Try it.  The worst that would happen is you would get a tourist visa.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, M1ke said:

Say i leave country for a month after visa will expire

Not sure what you mean here, but if the BB expires at 12 months, you need to convert to a tourist visa before expiration.  If you stay past 12 months without getting the tourist visa, you are technically in the country illegally.

3 hours ago, M1ke said:

Will i be able to acquire another Balikbayan stamp?

As long as your wife is travelling with you.  It is a good idea to bring a copy of your marriage certificate, but they probably won't ask for it.

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not sure what you mean here, but if the BB expires at 12 months, you need to convert to a tourist visa before expiration.  If you stay past 12 months without getting the tourist visa, you are technically in the country illegally.

As long as your wife is travelling with you.  It is a good idea to bring a copy of your marriage certificate, but they probably won't ask for it.

I am currently here under BB. Entered 05-09. They didn't ask to see marriage cert even though my wife's passport is in her maiden name.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, baronapart said:

They didn't ask to see marriage cert even though my wife's passport is in her maiden name.

It happens, depends on the officer at the time :tiphat:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, baronapart said:

I am currently here under BB. Entered 05-09. They didn't ask to see marriage cert even though my wife's passport is in her maiden name.

I was never asked either but it is just a precaution.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It happens, depends on the officer at the time :tiphat:

And it might depend on appearances! :hystery:

main-qimg-d4c6256482480dcc4d9198e938b13ee5.jpg

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I believe you can extend Balikbayan one time by going to a Bureau of Immigration office.  I think it's for six months.  Bring your wife and her passport with you.  You can also return to the Philippines and get another BB on entry.  Please keep me informed through a forum posting since I am curious.  My wife and I also avail to this privilege.