American Nabbed For Allegedly Kidnapping 2 Girls

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
MANILA, Philippines - An American was arrested for allegedly kidnapping 2 girls who were supposed to go to church before dawn Tuesday, police said. The suspect, Mark Odom, was initially accosted by police for beating the red light on Don Chino Roces Avenue in Manila. Pursuing policemen cornered the American in San Juan City. During inspection, policemen were surprised to see 2 girls at the passenger seat. Both were crying and claiming they were kidnapped by the American. One of the girls, a 14-year-old, told police that she and her cousin 13-year-old cousin, "Myla," were going to church to Tayuman in Sampaloc district around 4 a.m. when Odom stopped and offered them Christmas gifts. The 14-year-old claimed that Odom forced them to drink liqour. Myla said that while they were inside the car, the American pulled out her penis and showed it to her. She said she tried to resist, but the American allegedly took a knife and told her to calm down or she will be killed. Odom, meanwhile, denied the girls' allegations. "They were the ones who were asking for my help. They jumped inside my truck. I think they're doing this to get money out of me. I think they're on drugs, rugby," he said.
Source: abs-cbn

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
MANILA, Philippines - An American was arrested for allegedly kidnapping 2 girls who were supposed to go to church before dawn Tuesday, police said.The suspect, Mark Odom, was initially accosted by police for beating the red light on Don Chino Roces Avenue in Manila.Pursuing policemen cornered the American in San Juan City.During inspection, policemen were surprised to see 2 girls at the passenger seat. Both were crying and claiming they were kidnapped by the American.One of the girls, a 14-year-old, told police that she and her cousin 13-year-old cousin, "Myla," were going to church to Tayuman in Sampaloc district around 4 a.m. when Odom stopped and offered them Christmas gifts.The 14-year-old claimed that Odom forced them to drink liqour.Myla said that while they were inside the car, the American pulled out her penis and showed it to her. She said she tried to resist, but the American allegedly took a knife and told her to calm down or she will be killed.Odom, meanwhile, denied the girls' allegations. "They were the ones who were asking for my help. They jumped inside my truck. I think they're doing this to get money out of me. I think they're on drugs, rugby," he said.
Source: abs-cbn
Here we have another case of what do we believe.The story has all the makings of another scam to fleece a foreigner but who knows? Not sure if it would be the usual way of life for a 14 and 13 year old girl to be going to church at 4.am.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Here we have another case of what do we believe.The story has all the makings of another scam to fleece a foreigner but who knows? Not sure if it would be the usual way of life for a 14 and 13 year old girl to be going to church at 4.am.
Who the hell goes to chrurch at 4am? My money is on scam. Also, I really like this line in the story....Myla said that while they were inside the car, the American pulled out her penis and showed it to her.Is it a crime to show a 14-year old her own penis? :wt-hell:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

No matter how we look at it, it is illegal to have a minor alone with an adult who is not their relative. Knowing this, any foreigner has to be a fool to pick up underage kids and be alone with them. He had to realize they were underage, so he deserves what he gets IMO.

til
Posted
Posted

From what I understand it is normal to go to church this early in the morning in the philippines during christmas time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3v2WbGt3Q

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No matter how we look at it, it is illegal to have a minor alone with an adult who is not their relative. Knowing this, any foreigner has to be a fool to pick up underage kids and be alone with them. He had to realize they were underage, so he deserves what he gets IMO.
I disagree since we do not know the real factsMany foreigners probably would not know the laws about having a minor alone who is not related. Then there is the fact that human nature takes over to help someone in need,maybe he was trying to help the girls. Perhaps he was just going to drop them off somewhere,seems strange the police stopped him for a red light offense.Its the time of year where extra pesos come in handy.The way I see it its almost impossible to be a foreigner living in the Philippines with the corruption and shit going on all the time.Even the reporters can not get it right, (he/she),seen this a lot just in the last few days,yes I know the situation about gender in the Filipino language but you would think someone could get it right before being published.SugarwareZ-037.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I disagree since we do not know the real factsMany foreigners probably would not know the laws about having a minor alone who is not related. Then there is the fact that human nature takes over to help someone in need,maybe he was trying to help the girls. Perhaps he was just going to drop them off somewhere,seems strange the police stopped him for a red light offense.Its the time of year where extra pesos come in handy.The way I see it its almost impossible to be a foreigner living in the Philippines with the corruption and sh&t going on all the time.Even the reporters can not get it right, (he/she),seen this a lot just in the last few days,yes I know the situation about gender in the Filipino language but you would think someone could get it right before being published.SugarwareZ-037.gif
Then he should have been reading this forum because we have put the law on at least a few times and ignorance of the law is still no excuse but I do agree that we are often seen as cash cows and that is why we have to know the laws and be extra careful what we do. The fact that the foreigner was driving a car tends to make me feel he has lived in the Philippines for a while because he would have to know the roads which are most often very screwed up IMO.

Guardian
Posted
Posted

There appears to be a lot of human garbage that visits or lives within the Philippines and if it were up to me people who prey on children should be executed and parents that allow it or assist in it must also be mentally ill. http://www.tribune.net.ph/headlines/20091224hed3.htmlAmerican confessed to sex acts with 2 Pinoy minor

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
There appears to be a lot of human garbage that visits or lives within the Philippines ....
co-sign !
AGENTS of the Bureau of Immigration recently arrested a Swedish man wanted in Denmark for robbing a Danish bank of more than US$10 million.
>>> Details here.
Japanese jailed for rape : The 13 years old victim said the Japanese also raped her on several occasions inside their house in Bulacan and Pasay City.
>>>> Details here.

johnb
Posted
Posted

Regarding the early mass, its traditional for the 9 days leading up to Christmas to attend mass at 4am some churhes even as early as 3 or 3.30 am, my wife has been attending these early masses in fact the last one was this morning.John