New Car Buying

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We finally plumped for a Toyota Raize G CVT, 1.2 engine.  We just got it this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to "play" with it as yet.  We are more or less city dwellers so don't need anything more powerful.  

Yet us know how you get on 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

We finally plumped for a Toyota Raize G CVT, 1.2 engine.  We just got it this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to "play" with it as yet.  We are more or less city dwellers so don't need anything more powerful.  

That's exactly the car we were going to buy but it was a 4 month wait back in March 2022.  I'd love to hear how it goes.  We're very happy with the Rush though. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, BrettGC said:

That's exactly the car we were going to buy but it was a 4 month wait back in March 2022.  I'd love to hear how it goes.  We're very happy with the Rush though. 

We went in on Saturday and it was delivered yesterday afternoon!  They had 2 identical units, both in grey G CVT model.  Actually, my wife was swithering yesterday between the Rush and the Raize but as we'd already done much of the paperwork for the Raize we stuck with it.

• Like 1

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, hk blues said:

:thumbsup:
Nice town car. A friend in Indonesia bought one a few months ago, he reckons it's a fantastic runaround for his missus and says it's not too bad on the mountain roads either.
oh, it's called the Daihatsu Rocky over there:

Is Daihatsu Rocky a Toyota?

It is based on the Daihatsu New Global Architecture (DNGA) platform. Its development was led by Daihatsu chief engineer Nobuhiko Ono. The A200 series Rocky is also rebadged and sold by Toyota as the Raize which replaced the J200 series Rush. The Raize is differentiated from the Rocky by its front fascia.

The fairly new Toyota Yaris Ativ is based on the same platform, thats got the 1200cc engine as well. I was thinking about that but found it lacking in sufficient 'grunt' when needed on the expressways around here. Nice car though with all the bells and whistles! 

• Thanks 1