St Gabriel's Medical Centre, Kalibo

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

My partner has to undergo a minor operation here tomorrow morning so we booked a room overnight as she has to get her vitals done at 3am. 

On arrival the hospital looks a bit run down to say the least with pretty poor organization. After discovering admitions are at the A+E entrance we were offered a choice of rooms, basic ward at just over 1k per night or premium at just under 2k or the VIP room at just over 5k. It was my partner's first time in a hospital so we opted for the VIP suite. 

VIP here is basically a room with a spare bed and a sofa, no towels, soap, coffee, CR paper but there is a fridge 🤔 Correction I found some part used soap complete with pubes in the shower. 

A nurse dropped off a plastic container and a bottle of water and I tried to ask him why there's no towels etc. He looked at me blank, never said anything and left. I felt the plastic container and it was warm so figured it was food but no cutlery. Another nurse appeared about 15 minutes later and I quizzed her on the towels etc and how was my partner meant to eat the food with no cutlery. Apparently we were meant to bring our own plates and cutlery then transfer it. 

In short if you're ever in Aklan and need a hospital I'd give this one a miss, I think they fired the cleaners a few years ago.

She also had to undergo a covid test prior to admission but I never even though I have to stay with her. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

In short if you're ever in Aklan and need a hospital I'd give this one a miss, I think they fired the cleaners a few years ago.

And that's the VIP room... imagine what the more basic rooms and wards are like.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

And that's the VIP room... imagine what the more basic rooms and wards are like.

I just found out that I can get a welcome pack that I have to pay on top for. Consisting of a pillow, thermometer, CR paper and 5 face masks. 

They brought me a breakfast this morning and a packet of Milo but no how water or cup lol. Looking at the food I think they want to keep us here longer. 

IMG20230627062543.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

Hope operation is indeed minor by the sounds of that lot. Good luck to you both!

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I just found out that I can get a welcome pack that I have to pay on top for. Consisting of a pillow, thermometer, CR paper and 5 face masks. 

They brought me a breakfast this morning and a packet of Milo but no how water or cup lol. Looking at the food I think they want to keep us here longer. 

IMG20230627062543.jpg

Hmmmm.... Not even sure that I can correctly identify all that I can see. other than the fried egg.

• Haha 2

mountainside
Posted
Posted

Boracay is at the top of our list for a new vacation destination when we return to the Phils.  You're teaching us to arrive and depart in good health.  And to bring cups with us, just in case.

• Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

5k. It was my partner's first time in a hospital so we opted for the VIP suite.

And for the next few days, the entire staff chismiss about someone actually rented the VIP suite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I nearly bought a beach lot near there in Pandan, Antique just before Covid but Covid made me realize I wouldn't want to be stuck there with the lack of medical facilities and civilization in general. I wouldn't fancy a 5 hour trip to Iloilo when I'm nearly dead:biggrin:.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Hmmmm.... Not even sure that I can correctly identify all that I can see. other than the fried egg.

Bread, egg and mystery meat.

Anyone has a photograph of what the hospital looks like from the outside?