Don't you just love them when they..........

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Found the family heirloom cast iron dutch oven on the counter this morning full of salt water and clams. 

Rust never sleeps. :no:

• Sad 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Found the family heirloom cast iron dutch oven on the counter this morning full of salt water and clams. 

Rust never sleeps. :no:

Sad. 

After my non-stick cookware incident, someone decided to take to my seasoned cast iron frying pan with a steel scourer... It took me days to build up the layer of hardened oil to make it non-stick and protect it from oxidisation. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Sad that whoever does this destruction, doesnt have to wherewithal to ask......is it ok if i do this with this. ?

One broken knife prising open a tin can and nothing damaging ever happened again in my place... in fact the other day I was told " onyl use the soft cleaning cloth with that pan ".. cool moment....

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Some of this " problem " is lack of communication and too much expectation. Putting a nice label " do not use /scour /attempt to even touch " these items might help.

Or.. this CANNOT be scoured. etc etc.

WE expect that people who have never seen a do not scour type pan,  know this.

Perhaps they dont and havent seen these before. Or they just do it intentionally to piss off the owner????  lol

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I looked after a condo for my friend and his Filipino wife who were renting it out daily. I advised them from the onset to buy ceramic pans that will last a lifetime but his wife wouldn't listen and bought cheap non stick coated mild steel pans. One week and three sets of pans later after they'd been scrubbed to death she listened. I even removed all the scouring pads and just left foam sponges so they used a knife to scrub the pans. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

One thing about the cheap pans I noticed was within 3hrs they had an orange coating of rust forming, I'd hate to think the quality of steel they used. 

• Like 2

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

My wife and i used to go to storage actions before it got crazy. We picked up a unit that the owners had passed. She opened the jewelry box but it was empty, when she put it down i head a jingle. After figuring out how to get the thing apart without breaking it we found a Pirate Silver Piece of 8 Coin from La Consolacion made into a pendant and when i got home from work that night she was so proud to show me how nice the coin looked all polished up....... I had to explain to her why you dont polish old coins.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm no chef, and only the most mediocre of dishwashers so I'm as likely as anyone here to ruin good cookware by incorrect washing.  To such extent my wife point blank refuses to let me wash anything.

Smug Smile Images: Browse 4,069 Stock Photos & Vectors Free Download with  Trial | Shutterstock

• Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm no chef, and only the most mediocre of dishwashers so I'm as likely as anyone here to ruin good cookware by incorrect washing.  To such extent my wife point blank refuses to let me wash anything.

Smug Smile Images: Browse 4,069 Stock Photos & Vectors Free Download with  Trial | Shutterstock

I wish...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, BrettGC said:

I wish...

You're just not putting enough effort into it...a few strategic errors at the right time and you'll be set for life! 

• Haha 2