Don't you just love them when they..........

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Wealthier Philippine households had this pots & pans problem figured out a long time ago.  You have a semi-outdoor dirty kitchen for the maids to cook using everything including firewood.  The utensils are similar to those in the provinces.  Dried fish and other smelly stuff are okay.  The main kitchen is for the owner for such activities as baking.  Only someone trusted is allowed to clean.

I met the distributor of high-end Viking appliances in the Philippines.  The manufacturer wanted him to send two employees to the factory for training as repair personnel.  He said, "No."  The reason is the appliances will never breakdown because the extremely wealthy who buy won't use them.  They are for display in a kitchen done by a designer to show off by the house owner to visiting friends.  The display kitchen is perfection like a photo in Architectural Digest. 

Similar, on weekends in Makati and BGC, are gatherings of wealthy owners to show off their Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes Benz sports, etc.  None are meant to be driven because where in the Philippines do they have decent roads?  It's all show.  I heard some won't even allow helpers to wipe their cars for fear of scratching.  They have trailers to deliver the cars to the parking where they meet.  Public is invited, but no touch.

• Like 2

longway
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

You're just not putting enough effort into it...a few strategic errors at the right time and you'll be set for life! 

Similiar experience, after I retired my wife who was still working said "you have time now so will you make dinner everyday"? I said "Okay Dear", and for the next 5 days I made pasta everynight bcuz I like it. After day 5 wife said "never mind, I'll make dinner from now on" I said "Okay dear".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Wealthier Philippine households had this pots & pans problem figured out a long time ago.  You have a semi-outdoor dirty kitchen for the maids to cook using everything including firewood.  The utensils are similar to those in the provinces.  Dried fish and other smelly stuff are okay.  The main kitchen is for the owner for such activities as baking.  Only someone trusted is allowed to clean.

I met the distributor of high-end Viking appliances in the Philippines.  The manufacturer wanted him to send two employees to the factory for training as repair personnel.  He said, "No."  The reason is the appliances will never breakdown because the extremely wealthy who buy won't use them.  They are for display in a kitchen done by a designer to show off by the house owner to visiting friends.  The display kitchen is perfection like a photo in Architectural Digest. 

Similar, on weekends in Makati and BGC, are gatherings of wealthy owners to show off their Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes Benz sports, etc.  None are meant to be driven because where in the Philippines do they have decent roads?  It's all show.  I heard some won't even allow helpers to wipe their cars for fear of scratching.  They have trailers to deliver the cars to the parking where they meet.  Public is invited, but no touch.

I find that humorous. If one is truly wealthy why not use what you have, surely you can afford to replace it should a scratch appear.

I remember when a friend of mine bought a used Ferrari, a 1980 one of the last with carburetors. I asked him why he paid $80,000 for a used car and he said he had always wanted one and thought he had better get it while he could still get in and out of it. He went to an advertised Ferrari owners meeting at a hotel in San Diego but saw no other Ferrari's in the parking lot, thought he had made a mistake but went in anyway. Sure enough the room was full of noveau rich Ferrari owners afraid to drive them or worried the cars would lose their value if they did drive them. Same mind set as the Filipino petite bourgeosie.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

You're just not putting enough effort into it...a few strategic errors at the right time and you'll be set for life! 

Unfortunately AM is well aware of my culinary and domestic skills...:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, longway said:

Similiar experience, after I retired my wife who was still working said "you have time now so will you make dinner everyday"? I said "Okay Dear", and for the next 5 days I made pasta everynight bcuz I like it. After day 5 wife said "never mind, I'll make dinner from now on" I said "Okay dear".

I like it but feel you've let the side down by needing as many as 5 days to reach the required goal.  

• Haha 3

longway
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I like it but feel you've let the side down by needing as many as 5 days to reach the required goal.  

She held out longer than I expected but I was patient with her. My Pasta was very good, maybe if I had not been such a good cook she have folded sooner.

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

House work.jpg

This is 💯% our marriage, with the only difference, it's the other way around!!!! 😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1