Thoughts on Boracay

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Any members living, ever lived or spent long term time in Boracay?

If so, what is your take on locals, other expats, housing rental, food, weather (typhoon prone?) transportation, medical & dental?

thank you

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I've lived on Boracay for a few years and love it. It has a bit of everything. One hospital ( average), a few health centres with great diagnostics for a very cheap price, x-rays, ultrasound and full lab work. Fast wifi, Western Deli's, hundreds of bars and restaurants. Live music, water sports and plenty of land activities on the mainland 20 mins away. An airport and sea port.

Accomodation from about 15k per month to the skies the limit. Where I live it's between 25k and 30k for a 64sqm condo with two pools a Jacuzzi, spa, tropical gardens and 24hr back up generator in a very quiet area but 5 mins from a great beach. If you like crowds you have a 4km main beach split into Station 1,2 and 3. One is expensive, two is busy and three is peaceful and cheaper. 

Great transport around the island but you can walk it if you're up to it, two malls and a cinema. Basically everything you need. Real health emergencies I'd hit Kalibo though as there's a few hospitals there from basic to modern. 

What are the best site if I was looking for long term rental on Borocay, I’ve looked at Airbnb and other sites but there prices are sooooo much 

• Like 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've lived on Boracay for a few years and love it. It has a bit of everything. One hospital ( average), a few health centres with great diagnostics for a very cheap price, x-rays, ultrasound and full lab work. Fast wifi, Western Deli's, hundreds of bars and restaurants. Live music, water sports and plenty of land activities on the mainland 20 mins away. An airport and sea port.

Accomodation from about 15k per month to the skies the limit. Where I live it's between 25k and 30k for a 64sqm condo with two pools a Jacuzzi, spa, tropical gardens and 24hr back up generator in a very quiet area but 5 mins from a great beach. If you like crowds you have a 4km main beach split into Station 1,2 and 3. One is expensive, two is busy and three is peaceful and cheaper. 

Great transport around the island but you can walk it if you're up to it, two malls and a cinema. Basically everything you need. Real health emergencies I'd hit Kalibo though as there's a few hospitals there from basic to modern. 

Thank you much Snowy, very informative.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 7/8/2023 at 5:49 PM, stevewool said:

What are the best site if I was looking for long term rental on Borocay, I’ve looked at Airbnb and other sites but there prices are sooooo much 

The local Facebooks are the best bet but be prepared for no prices, locations and PM me.

Personal choice for me is Alta Vista in the North of the island as it's very quiet, closely followed by Station 3 where you will have lots more choice but a fair bit of cockerels and videoke.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
jakartalace
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2023 at 12:28 PM, MotorSarge said:

Any members living, ever lived or spent long term time in Boracay?

If so, what is your take on locals, other expats, housing rental, food, weather (typhoon prone?) transportation, medical & dental?

thank you

Hello, Here's the lowdown on Boracay in chill, everyday talk:

Boracay is a sick tourist spot in the Philippines, dude! The beaches are freaking beautiful, and the vibe is off the charts. Locals are cool and friendly, always down to show you a good time.

You'll find a bunch of expats living the dream there too. They dig the relaxed lifestyle and can't get enough of the beach life.

As for housing, you've got options. From cheap-ass apartments to bougie beachfront villas, you can find something that fits your style and budget.

Now, let's talk about food, man. Boracay's got it all - local Filipino grub and food from all over the globe. You won't go hungry, that's for sure.

But watch out for the weather, bro. From June to October, it's the wet season, and there's a chance of typhoons. Stay updated on the forecasts and be prepared, alright?

Getting around the island is easy-peasy. Hop on a tricycle or rent a motorbike, or just stroll your way through. Cars aren't allowed in the main tourist areas, so it's a laid-back scene.

When it comes to health stuff, there are clinics and pharmacies on the island for basic care. But for anything major, you might need to head to Kalibo or Caticlan for better facilities. Have a blast!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Jakartalace.  I am a bit old (73) for "chill everyday talk", but your input in appreciated.   I did visit Boracay in 2004, but I expect it has changed a lot in 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jakartalace said:

Hello, Here's the lowdown on Boracay in chill, everyday talk:

Boracay is a sick tourist spot in the Philippines, dude! The beaches are freaking beautiful, and the vibe is off the charts. Locals are cool and friendly, always down to show you a good time.

You'll find a bunch of expats living the dream there too. They dig the relaxed lifestyle and can't get enough of the beach life.

As for housing, you've got options. From cheap-ass apartments to bougie beachfront villas, you can find something that fits your style and budget.

Now, let's talk about food, man. Boracay's got it all - local Filipino grub and food from all over the globe. You won't go hungry, that's for sure.

But watch out for the weather, bro. From June to October, it's the wet season, and there's a chance of typhoons. Stay updated on the forecasts and be prepared, alright?

Getting around the island is easy-peasy. Hop on a tricycle or rent a motorbike, or just stroll your way through. Cars aren't allowed in the main tourist areas, so it's a laid-back scene.

When it comes to health stuff, there are clinics and pharmacies on the island for basic care. But for anything major, you might need to head to Kalibo or Caticlan for better facilities. Have a blast!

Thank you much Jakartalace, it is definitely on my list to visit and maybe short term rotational living.

Also welcome to the group.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, jakartalace said:

Boracay is a sick tourist spot in the Philippines, dude!

I hope it gets well soon then! :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3