Useless purchase in the province.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Who did the classification,themselves ?

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm in Iloilo (a tier-2 city) and live on a 'medium-grade' subdivision IMO.  There are 2 different systems in place in the various parts of the subdivision for water - one which is water tanked in 3 times a week into individual household's tanks and mainline water, which we have.  We probably have a water outage once every other month at most, and for an hour at most.  If there is a lengthy brownout we also suffer but that's also rare. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2023 at 7:26 PM, Onemore52 said:

After ten days without water I am of the opinion that buying an automatic washing machine is a total waste of money.

We did go to the provider to find out what is going on and the customer service representative said “Yes you are correct, there isn’t any water in your area”.

Why are the local population so apathetic?

I have a question. What are your options now that the water service is unavailable?

If you have a water tank can it can be filled by a vendor?

No water tank on property what other solutions are there other than digging a well?  

If someone were renting could they opt out of a contract and move? 

Hopefully this will not last long for you guys. Not having water service is ridiculous. 

Edited by Old55

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have a well on the property which we are using for the toilets and having a shower with outside, very similar to camping, and laying out the garden hose in the sun gives us a warm shower.

We were boiling the water from the well but we were using too much gas, so it was cheaper to get the big water bottles from SM.

Thanks "old 55" for your concern but we will get by, the thing that really cheeses me off (really pisses me off) is the don't care attitude of the provider and the local population for that matter but I suppose they are used to it.

Being an ex small ships sailor I am accustomed to having a ration of 1 bucket of water a day, at least I am not rationed to how much beer I can have.

There is talk of them pumping water during the night hours (I don't know what the diference is, probably taking in the evaporation factor), so I was going to invest in a small suction pump to fill up our tank but the line fit the street is only polly pipe so it probably would collapse the pipe a is only thin walled polly, I dreamt up this solution while I was drinking some Guinness that I bought from Lazada, and it is the real thing from Dublin!

Edited by Onemore52
grammar
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I am ignorant about your situation there. Without actual direct knowledge, I would off a few suggestions:

Groundwater seems to be commonly available in many parts of Mindanao and other parts of the Philippine Islands. Perhaps it might be worth finding a reliable driller to drill for a well. From what I have read, it is not a really expensive venture here and "might" be a viable solution. Of course, then you need to consider powering the pump to get the water to a tank - electricity production. Then there is the filtering into the tank, cleaning the tank, final filtering of water for drinking or cooking. Of course, your first action would be to test the water since I see Filipinos dumping paint, oil, various chemicals, Round-up and other things into the ground water.... 

But perhaps this offers a solution for you to enjoy the province and have a bit of "luxury?"

Just some hopefully positive thoughts. These are the steps I would be taking were I in a similar situation. You could also collect rain water, screen and filter it, and collect it in a separate tank for cleaning and watering?

Again...jut more ideas that may or may not be helpful....

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I'm sure it is, which utility company supplies your water?

I honestly have no idea... I'll have a look at the bill and get back to you.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Touch wood where I live on Boracay there's zero water issues and a 24/7 generator just incase. My previous location, Suli in Puerto Galera was useless. You could have water issues and electricity issues daily and over three years since I left it still hasn't been fixed. 

I have a little smile to myself when I think of the times I complained about it only to be told if I don't like it go home. I now see the same people complaining that told me to go home. :hystery:

• Haha 3