Slowest Internet speed in the World

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

As a side note, I am shopping for AirBnbs in Kuala Lumpur right now and they all have fast internet.  100 mbps is the slow ones, many have 500.  AirBnbs are really cheap in KL and Penang, compared to Philippines.  The infrastructure in Malaysia seem far better than PH.

Agree here 100% Penang would be my go to place if ever leave Philippines. The place is small enough to feel comfortable plus has great infrastructure. Last there about 5 years ago and was far cheaper than Philippines, not sure now.

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

As a side note, I am shopping for AirBnbs in Kuala Lumpur right now and they all have fast internet.  100 mbps is the slow ones, many have 500.  AirBnbs are really cheap in KL and Penang, compared to Philippines.  The infrastructure in Malaysia seem far better than PH.

Where isn’t the infrastructure not as good as the Philippines, talking about third world countries.?

Edited by Onemore52
Spelling
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Where isn’t the infrastructure not as good as the Philippines, talking about third world countries.?

I'd imagine places like Cambodia, Myanmar and many African countries are below the Philippines, maybe Vietnam as well?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I'm going to open a new topic related to this.

• Like 1

BLM
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2023 at 11:55 PM, OnMyWay said:

That is not normal.  Exactly where are you in Subic, who is your provider, what is your service and promised speed?

I live in Subic Freeport and have been using PLDT Fibr for around 8 years.  Generally speaking, it has been great.

I live out near Waltermart. Asian Vision is our provider. I don't think they have fiber outside of the Freeport. I'll look into it again.