Rate Your Customers

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

A new app is being tested by Uber and Lyft.  The drivers can rate their riders on such categories as tip generosity and whether or not they were kept waiting at the designated meeting spot.  A low rating could lead to their refusing to do a pick-up or the potential rider receiving a higher quote.  Restaurants can do the same with reservations systems such as whether or not you show up on time or no show, and generosity with tip.  Another group may include professional services like medical and dental practitioners.  Difficult customers who complain a lot or don't pay bills on time may experience difficulties getting another appointment.  I can envision hotels not accepting reservation requests because the guest has stolen towels from one or several properties.  That the "customer is king" is no longer true.  

The difficulty is you won't know because the information is not open to the public.

• Hmm thinking 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Uber has had two way ratings since it started.  I know, I did it briefly.  The app is exactly the same world-wide and always has been.  The only times I rated a customer poorly was when they were excessively rude or abusive; which was more than you would expect.  

Why do some people think it's ok to treat service industry workers poorly?  After 10 minutes of poor behaviour I said to one guy one night:  "What do you think would happen next if you spoke to me like that in a pub?".  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I tell them not accepting currency is against federal law. 

Not true in Washington State.

However this may change as the State says it discriminates against "unhoused individuals". 

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Uber has had two way ratings since it started.  I know, I did it briefly.  The app is exactly the same world-wide and always has been.  The only times I rated a customer poorly was when they were excessively rude or abusive; which was more than you would expect.  

Why do some people think it's ok to treat service industry workers poorly?  After 10 minutes of poor behaviour I said to one guy one night:  "What do you think would happen next if you spoke to me like that in a pub?".  

Riddle Me This..:89:..With my broad brush....I'm much more conducive to tipping more in the PI than in the States. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Riddle Me This..:89:..With my broad brush....I'm much more conducive to tipping more in the PI than in the States. 

Can't really answer that, Australia doesn't have the same tipping culture as the US so when I did drive Uber I never really expected one.  

Back on topic:  I would never accept a booking from a customer with a rating below 3 stars.  Partly a personal safety thing as almost all poor ratings given to customers are behaviour related.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The difficulty is you won't know because the information is not open to the public.

2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

That the "customer is king" is no longer true.  

I also don't make my "ratings" public... if it's bad service I just don't go back.  I know I'm a good customer... don't want to be a "king"...  but any inkling you don't want my money... poof... it's gone.

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not true in Washington State.

However this may change as the State says it discriminates against "unhoused individuals". 

“United States coins and currency [including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal Reserve Banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues.”  However, it seems the federal government had a change of mind by allowing states to make their own rules.  Progressives in the US Congress are proposing a new law because the poor might not have access to credit cards.  

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The drivers can rate their riders on such categories as tip generosity

Implying the drivers know who tips them, I'm wondering if this also applies to food delivery services in the PH like Grab or Foodpanda. You could leave a tip the next day, I've heard that the drivers only see the tip amounts, not which customer gives them.