Rate Your Customers

Freebie
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The drivers can rate their riders on such categories as tip generosity and whether or not they were kept waiting at the designated meeting spot.

Ive never kept any Uber/Grab driver waiting. Im aware of the consequences.

But tipping...the company that employs the driver, is contracted by me to drive me from point A to point B for an agreed upon price..

Not sure why a tip is expected or  required. If that makes me cheap so be it.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Freebie said:

But tipping...the company that employs the driver, is contracted by me to drive me from point A to point B for an agreed upon price..

I always tipped taxi drivers in the UK but never here - mainly because they charge a premium to my place and I judge the tip is already covered. 

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

Great post/username combination.

In college I learned of a system to classify stocks in the stock market. I quickly realized it can also be applied to customers. There are 4 basic categories. First, the Stars which are spectacular performers but perhaps not dependable over time. Second are the Cash Cows, which are dependable steady sources of revenue. Third are the petential cash cows and stars, which may be worth taking a risk for. Lastly are the Dogs, which are not worth owning. There are sub-categories such as Dogs With Fleas.

The customer is NOT always right.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Lastly are the Dogs, which are not worth owning. There are sub-categories such as Dogs With Fleas.

We had some more colourful names for those customers :smile:

Freebie
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Guy F. said:

In college I learned of a system to classify stocks in the stock market. I quickly realized it can also be applied to customers. There are 4 basic categories. First, the Stars which are spectacular performers but perhaps not dependable over time. Second are the Cash Cows, which are dependable steady sources of revenue. Third are the petential cash cows and stars, which may be worth taking a risk for. Lastly are the Dogs, which are not worth owning. There are sub-categories such as Dogs With Fleas.

This is also a well used theory/practice for items on restaurant menus.

Many an F&B / Restaurant Manager/Owner has classed which items to keep and to lose based on calculating which items sold ,how many sold , cost of production  etc. and determined Stars?Dogs and the two categories in between . Way off topic but it reminded me of my long ago past.

• Like 1