New LTO link to make license plate replacement inquiry

Lee
Posted
Posted

I tried it and the site said that my plate would be ready soon ------check back in 60 days.

No hurry really---we applied for the white plate in 2016 or so.

LTO Plate Replacement Inquiry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Lee said:

I tried it and the site said that my plate would be ready soon ------check back in 60 days.

No hurry really---we applied for the white plate in 2016 or so.

Welcome to the Filipino time zone.......

images.jpeg

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

It took around 2 years for the original plate for both the Innova and the Yamaha to arrive here FYI.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

It took around 2 years for the original plate for both the Innova and the Yamaha to arrive here FYI.

Got handed my license plate the same day as registering the last three vehicles that I owned in the states.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Got handed my license plate the same day as registering the last three vehicles that I owned in the states.

In Australia most new car dealers hold a selection of new plates for new cars sold and fit them (and are authorized to register new cars) so same day also.

But... it's more fun in the Philippines :whistling:

• Like 1

longway
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine just recieved his motorcycle plate after a 5 year wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Possum
Posted
Posted

Making, issuing and keeping track of license plates is not rocket science. Most countries have been able to do this for decades.  If they are curious all the Philippines government has to do ask how they manage to do this simple task but the problem in the Philippines is...how do we do this and get money in our pocket every step of the way. That is complicated, takes time and as soon as you get it figured out there is another election so you have to start over again. Love the Philippines:smile:

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

We bought our then new car in March 2022, still waiting.  We had some custom plates made up but we still carry the "for registration" plates in the tool well.  If you can't produce them on request by law enforcement you can be fined.  Yes, our rego papers are in the glove box as well.  

BiL bought a new Honda PCX about 3 months ago, he picked his plates up last week.  Go figure :89:

Lee
Posted
Posted

Years ago when this plate issue first started, I recall the repeated warnings from the LTO about the fines that would be imposed on motorists who didn't pick up their plates in a timely manner. Now I see that this was all a big misunderstanding................. OK.

Vehicle owners won't be penalized for unclaimed replacement plates, LTO clarifies

Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Vigor Mendoza II has now stated that motorists who fail to claim their replacement license plates within 60 days will not be penalized.

"In order to set the record straight, the 60-day deadline to get the unclaimed license plates is not for the motor vehicle owners," said Mendoza. "It is actually a directive to all our regional directors, district chiefs, offices, and extension offices to find the best ways to properly and efficiently distribute the unclaimed license plates within 60 days.

"The same order covers car dealers and motorcycle dealers because we also received reports that there are a number of unclaimed license plates in their custody.

"The order is not intended for the motor vehicle owners because it’s the LTO’s mandate to issue plates."

Vehicle owners won't be penalized for unclaimed replacement plates, LTO clarifies (msn.com)

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lee said:

Years ago when this plate issue first started, I recall the repeated warnings from the LTO about the fines that would be imposed on motorists who didn't pick up their plates in a timely manner. Now I see that this was all a big misunderstanding................. OK.

I was laughing when I read about how they fine folks for not picking up their plates.  This after LTO incompetence led to the plates sitting in offices for years.  It would not surprise me that it will take hours or even days for a local office to sort thru and find a requested plate that is supposed to have arrived.