New LTO link to make license plate replacement inquiry

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I was laughing when I read about how they fine folks for not picking up their plates.  This after LTO incompetence led to the plates sitting in offices for years.  It would not surprise me that it will take hours or even days for a local office to sort thru and find a requested plate that is supposed to have arrived.  

I was at our LTO a few weeks back - there were boxes and boxes and boxes of plates in the entrance hallway and 2 staff looking like they were sorting through them.  An endless and thankless task.  

The backlog really is to the shame of the LTO.  

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lee
Posted
Posted

An update to this story.

LTO: Be wary of people charging P200 for 'hassle-free claiming' of license plates

Don’t transact with unscrupulous individuals claiming they can expedite the release of your license plates for a P200 fee, warned Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Atty. Vigor Mendoza II.

Since the agency’s replacement plate inquiry website went live, more vehicle owners have been able to get updates on the status of their replacement plates—including which district office the plates will be released. According to Mendoza, he has already received reports of individuals approaching LTO clients with stories of long lines at district office and distribution sites.

LTO: Be wary of people charging P200 for 'hassle-free claiming' of license plates (msn.com)

• Like 1