British Expat murdered in Leyte.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just over a week ago a British Expat posted on one of the forums that he had been troubled by immigration at the behest of his wife. He managed to sort it out and was saying he got another 6 months extension. Unfortunately he never lived long enough to use it. I can't for the life of me think who was most likely responsible. 

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1815980/british-retiree-found-dead-with-gunshot-wound-inside-his-house-in-leyte

British retiree found dead with gunshot wound inside his house in Leyte

By: Robert Dejon - 1 day ago

INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

ORMOC CITY — A British national was found dead inside a land he owned in Barangay Benolho, Albuera town, Leyte on Saturday, Aug. 12.

Terence John Walsh, 68, and a retired drilling officer, was found lying on the ground with gunshot wounds in his back, said Major Miguelito Bocade, chief of the Albuera Police Station.

Walsh’s companion, Cecilio Del Carmen, disclosed that the victim was on his way home on board his Nissan Navarra after visiting his land.

Suddenly, Del Carmen said he heard a burst of gunfire coming from their gate.

He immediately went to the gate to verify what it was but saw the victim lying on the ground near the vehicle.

Investigators have yet to establish the identity of the perpetrators and the motive behind the killing.

• Sad 6
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

A British national was found dead inside a land he owned

*A land his wife owned, I wonder why the news would misreport that...

Lee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I thought that this part of the headline was a bit odd...........later the victim was found lying on the ground. IDK and its doubtful if we ever will know.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

I hate stories that have incomplete or confusing information.  The relevant part is that he got shot in the back. The rest of the information just leaves you scratching your head on who, what, where, and why.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

*A land his wife owned, I wonder why the news would misreport that...

Maybe leased or the land was hers and they had a house in both names with certain legal constraints that weren't beneficial to her. 

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2023 at 3:43 AM, manofthecoldland said:

I rationally decided 20 years ago, that I would never put my life or limb in harms way in a foreign country by making the end of my existence advantageous to anyone here.

Are you married?:laugh:

• Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

In our situation, my Pinay has no survivorship benefits.

Interesting, is that because you already set her up, a house or ? Need more details.