British Expat murdered in Leyte.

Possum
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Seems to be the route that many here go.

That's a new one to me.

Does anyone? Eventually all married expats need to make these decisions so it's an important topic that doesn't get discussed enough, any advice is appreciated.

While I understand the thinking I also wonder how many applied the same principles and practices before they became expats in the Philippines? If they had would they even be in the Philippines now? :89:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

This happened very close to me.  I never heard anything about it on the local news.  Wife?  Same sex marriage is illegal in the Philippines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

This happened very close to me.  I never heard anything about it on the local news.  Wife?  Same sex marriage is illegal in the Philippines.

If you mean the opening post then the ex-pat was a male.  

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If you mean the opening post then the ex-pat was a male.  

Both were male.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

Both were male.

I have checked with the locals that knew the deceased.  He was married to a woman and had children.  It seems that the news article that listed his "partner" as a he, they were referring to his business partner.

• Like 2

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2023 at 9:58 AM, Possum said:

While I understand the thinking I also wonder how many applied the same principles and practices before they became expats in the Philippines? If they had would they even be in the Philippines now? :89:

Please help me out.  I know it's obvious to others here, but not to me.  What are the "same principles and practices" to which you refer?

I am lost by your quote of @Kingpin which I cannot even find in his posts to this thread.  The words you quote from Kingpin read thus:

That's a new one to me.

Does anyone? Eventually all married expats need to make these decisions so it's an important topic that doesn't get discussed enough, any advice is appreciated.

Maybe just poor eyesight or inability to see what's in plain view, but I can't locate his post where he says that.  I am able to locate a snippet of that quote elsewhere.  In the Providing for our Filipina significant other living in the Philippines after our death thread Kingpin said:

Eventually all married expats need to make these decisions so it's an important topic that doesn't get discussed enough, any advice is appreciated.  But that's the entire post.

But his post was edited by Old55.

The net result (at least for me) is I am unable to ascribe much meaning to any of this.  What is the “route that many here go?” as referred to by Kingpin?

What is the “new one” to him?

And the question: “Does anyone?”   Leaves me to ask: Does anyone do what?

All very confusing.  But no one else here seems at all confused.  Maybe it pertains to being a new member.  There's a kind of "forum speak" that I have yet to master.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

Both were male.

6 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

I have checked with the locals that knew the deceased.  He was married to a woman and had children.  It seems that the news article that listed his "partner" as a he, they were referring to his business partner.

I was confused by your post because I could only assume you were suggesting the ex-pat was also female because in same-sex marriages there are 2 wives or 2 husbands - If I'm not mistaken - so the only way there can be a wife in a same-sex marriage is if they are both female.

Of course, with the current status on gender etc the waters are becoming muddied. 

Edited by hk blues

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Hestecrefter said:

Please help me out.  I know it's obvious to others here, but not to me.  What are the "same principles and practices" to which you refer?

I am lost by your quote of @Kingpin which I cannot even find in his posts to this thread.  The words you quote from Kingpin read thus:

That's a new one to me.

Maybe just poor eyesight or inability to see what's in plain view, but I can't locate his post where he says that.  I am able to locate a snippet of that quote elsewhere.  In the Providing for our Filipina significant other living in the Philippines after our death thread Kingpin said:

Eventually all married expats need to make these decisions so it's an important topic that doesn't get discussed enough, any advice is appreciated.  But that's the entire post.

But his post was edited by Old55.

The net result (at least for me) is I am unable to ascribe much meaning to any of this.  What is the “route that many here go?” as referred to by Kingpin?

What is the “new one” to him?

And the question: “Does anyone?”   Leaves me to ask: Does anyone do what?

All very confusing.  But no one else here seems at all confused.  Maybe it pertains to being a new member.  There's a kind of "forum speak" that I have yet to master.

This thread got chopped up and split into a new one here: 

The route was this:

On 8/25/2023 at 6:13 PM, manofthecoldland said:

I purchased inexpensive properties when the right situations appeared

And from the same post, the "new one" to me was

PI SSS pension

And "Does anyone?" was asking that since the wife doesn't get the survivor benefits, does anyone else get them.

• Like 3

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted

Thanks @Kingpinthat helps.

• Like 1