NBI registers SIM using monkey pic

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you kan only laugh.

NBI registers SIM using monkey pic | Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines — A photo of a smiling monkey passed through undetected in the SIM card registration site of telecommunications companies, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

During the Senate public services committee hearing into the proliferation of text scams in the country on Tuesday, NBI cybercrime chief Jeremy Lotoc showed a video of his agents registering a fake PhilHealth ID bearing the picture of a monkey in the registration site of Globe Telecom Inc.

Sen. Grace Poe said it is an “insult” to the law’s implementation.

are you serious.jpg

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What’s telling is the fact they were upset about being disrespected and insulted and less concerned the system’s security is lacking.
🙈🙉🙊

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

You could put your infant relative on there if you wanted to; they didn't have an initial database for the facial recognition so anyone's face will do when you register.  They could've linked into the national ID database but I doubt they thought of that - it does have biometrics stored.  Same goes for LTO, but I'm doubtful the pictures on licences are scanned biometrically and it's limited to fingerprints on that front.  Having said all that, the base level for biometrics has been proven to be flawed in some way time and again even on passports; that's one of the reasons there's still an immigration agent close at hand monitoring enty and exit in case there is an issue.  DFA,  BI etc, the list goes on of the agencies they could've leveraged to assist in the implementation.  

Edited by BrettGC

Lee
Posted
Posted

Later on in this same  article, a duh comment is made.

The government should have fully implemented the national ID system for telcos to gain access to the biometrics database to verify registrants’ IDs, he ( Ariel Tubayan) noted.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

People at Globe and Smart say I look just like Brad Pitt.  :whistling:

image.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

image.jpeg

We’ve met you and can see the similarities. 
You are a guy after all! 😇

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

image.jpeg

Did you get your hair cut since that pic?

• Haha 1

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

I gotta say, I'm getting a little tired of getting messages from NTC constantly which started way back when since I registered my Sim. Thought I had blocked them but started again. Is anyone else constantly receiving these? Many other warnings this just one.

NTC warning's.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Sailor Jerry said:

I gotta say, I'm getting a little tired of getting messages from NTC constantly which started way back when since I registered my Sim. Thought I had blocked them but started again. Is anyone else constantly receiving these? Many other warnings this just one.

NTC warning's.jpg

I've never had any messages from NTC.