Who’s broke my steps

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Joking aside I asked Ems what’s Tagalog for Sorry she went Hahahaha now I’m not sure if that’s how you pronounce sorry but to me that was a long laugh , then she said why do I have to sorry , then it went into a long debate about when it was broke and she convinced me it must have been me 

There's a word for it in Tagalog, patawad. But it's very rare to hear it.

• Like 1

Baluoyolo
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Viking said:

IMG_20230910_082256758_HDR.jpg

I am just looking at that and can't help but imagine her falling down and breaking her legs. Yikes!

One thing I never thought much about before meeting my wife was how to watch out for oneself in everyday activities. It was a great surprise to have to point out to my wife that climbing on random rickety furniture or stabbing a knife at a fruit with your hand on the other side or sticking you hand into a powered-on blender or tilting half your body out over a 10-meter unguarded drop are perhaps not the safest things to do. It connected some dots with regard to the low life expectancy in the Philippines!

Reminds me of how shortly after we met, we were on a Palawan ferry that had its engines catch fire or break down in some manner that led to the cabin being full of smoke and fumes. The filipinos paid this no mind and stayed inside the cabin all dizzy and lightheaded, while all the foreigners went out on the deck and started eyeing the lifejacket boxes.

• Like 3

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

Joking aside I asked Ems what’s Tagalog for Sorry she went Hahahaha now I’m not sure if that’s how you pronounce sorry but to me that was a long laugh , then she said why do I have to sorry , then it went into a long debate about when it was broke and she convinced me it must have been me 

That reminds me of when I asked what their word was for maintenance, after a few minutes of chatter between 6 to 8 filipinas, they could not come up with the word.

• Haha 4

Viking
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

That reminds me of when I asked what their word was for maintenance, after a few minutes of chatter between 6 to 8 filipinas, they could not come up with the word.

I'm not surprised!