small city on coast, mall, restaurant diversity

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

One of the issues we experienced living in a high end gated sub division was the maids, not ours, neighbours. First off, neighbour directly over road, just as soon as the owners left for work the radio shot up to maximum decibels.

Dire situation but can happen anywhere. The good thing about a subdivision is it has an association to deal with problems like this. Did you have any other issues besides that?

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Dire situation but can happen anywhere. The good thing about a subdivision is it has an association to deal with problems like this. Did you have any other issues besides that?

In our situation the newly formed housing association were uninterested.  Another neighbour bred dogs, he was one of wealthiest families in the city, no chance to complain. In all honestly our situation was unpleasant during the 6 years there.

Condo living is not for everyone, for myself and partner we find it great, swimming pool plus most of all no maintenance, no money drag  and time is mine. 

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, RBM said:

In our situation the newly formed housing association were uninterested.  Another neighbour bred dogs, he was one of wealthiest families in the city, no chance to complain. In all honestly our situation was unpleasant during the 6 years there.

You should name that place, warn others. My neighbor has dogs and they always bark, but we barely hear them due to the design ;/ distances of the houses and lots.

40 minutes ago, RBM said:

Condo living is not for everyone, for myself and partner we find it great, swimming pool plus most of all no maintenance, no money drag  and time is mine. 

I've liked a few condos here but when calculating the purchase price, plus the monthly dues, it just made more sense to rent.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, Kingpin said:

You should name that place, warn others. My neighbor has dogs and they always bark, but we barely hear them due to the design ;/ distances of the houses and lots.

I've liked a few condos here but when calculating the purchase price, plus the monthly dues, it just made more sense to rent.

yes as always depends depends.....In our case figures stack up well. Just last month our dues went from P1200 to P1800, a huge increase how ever due to new ownership of the complex several improvements were made including total pool upgrade, for me its OK.

Some of us also prefer to leave our partners more than just a rental unit, family cannot get to this quite as easy as cash funds.....That is when we pass over.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

yes as always depends depends.....In our case figures stack up well. Just last month our dues went from P1200 to P1800, a huge increase how ever due to new ownership of the complex several improvements were made including total pool upgrade, for me its OK.

Some of us also prefer to leave our partners more than just a rental unit, family cannot get to this quite as easy as cash funds.....That is when we pass over.

For me, the family home is not an asset as much as the family home...I would be surprised if my wife was to sell it after my demise (but that's 100% up to her and I have no issue with it).  I aim to leave her a sufficient amount of cash to see our her days to avoid her having to sell the family jewels.  

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 9/10/2023 at 1:33 PM, Old55 said:

Respectfully disagree. My experience is very different.

Me too. Had a great experience with the beaches in Western Mindanao...

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm a solid fan of Boracay, every Western ammenity you'll want, quiet beaches if you wish, literaly hundreds of restaurants, next to no traffic and very clean. If you want to fish that can be arranged quite easily.

I live in a condo inside a private resort overlooking a golf course, prisitine gardens, no vidoeke, dogs or parties. If you want to escape you have an airport on your doorstep and a ferry port.

This is my lunchtime view.  

357.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love it 1