So, A Platform for Sugar Babies and Daddies in the Philippines Exists

Lee
Posted
Posted

(SPOT.ph) Dating has taken on countless forms in our ever-changing world. Add in the adverse effects of inflation, more and more Filipinos are embracing a unique approach to dating by means of sugar relationships, according to Asia’s largest sugar daddy dating platform, Sugarbook.

Think times are tough? So do the 144,000 sugar babies in Metro Manila. Luckily for them, there are more than 33,000 willing benefactors in their area.

A sugar relationship is a mutually beneficial arrangement between two consenting adults, typically involving an older, wealthy person (sugar daddy or mommy) providing financial support or gifts to a younger person (sugar baby) in exchange for companionship, intimacy, or other agreed-upon terms. These relationships are ideally based on clear communication, boundaries, and the understanding that both parties benefit in some way.

Also read: How Many VIP Tickets for The Eras Tour Can Philippines’ Top 10 Billionaires Buy?

The average sugar baby in the Philippines

Sugarbook has become a haven for like-minded consenting adults since its inception by a Malaysian company. Now the Philippines shines as one of the top five countries globally for sugar babies, with Metro Manila, Calabarzon, Central Luzon, Central Visayas, and Northern Mindanao emerging as the top regions for sugar relationships.

ssd1.png

Here’s the kicker: The average monthly allowance for Filipino sugar babies stands at a substantial P52,000, but as much as 22% of them earn somewhere between P141,000 to P283,000 in a single month.

Almost half of sugar babies are unemployed—at least as per Sugarbook's database—while 28% are students and 10% are in the hospitality industry.

Beyond the financial aspect, the survey unraveled the complex tapestry of these relationships. Monthly allowances ranked high on the list of sugar baby wants as one would expect, but this was also closely trailed by the yearning for travel experiences and emotional support, showing how sugar relationships are more than just the financial perks—they encompass a wide range of needs and desires that consenting adults are seeking in modern dating.

ssd2.png

So, A Platform for Sugar Babies and Daddies in the Philippines Exists (msn.com)

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I believe they may have renamed the world's oldest profession.

I was gonna say that

stole my line.jpg

• Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

I was gonna say that

I-fart-in-your-general-direction GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If it walks like a duck....

Edited by BrettGC
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I watched a documentary on the website (at least I think it was the same one) and the consistent  line being peddled was that it's anything but prostitution, with most of the women interviewed saying sex was not part of the product offering.  Given the amount of money being exchanged and the age differential in many cases I found this hard to believe. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Possum said:

To say that it is part of the offering would open them to legal problems so I can't blame them for that. Perhaps sex is a free gift after x points similar to SM Advantage or Globe Rewards. Interested Sugar Daddies should check to see if senior discounts are available.

I'm about to pick up a refrigerator from SM - I'll see what I can get for the points. Most likely little more than a smile, maybe a flirtatious wink at most.  

• Haha 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted (edited)

What's the 16%????? They cover "up to P57,000" and "P283,000 and above".... so what's the "other"?????  FREEBIES!!!??????

Edited by Joey G
add on comment
  • Haha 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted

Why on earth would anyone be a non-sexual sugar daddy in the Philippines. I take this extremely high numbers have to include Filipino sugar daddies.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, baronapart said:

Why on earth would anyone be a non-sexual sugar daddy in the Philippines.

69 isn't sex?

• Haha 2