TRICARE

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

If this subject has already been addressed my apologies.   Does anybody know of Hospitals in the Subic/Clark area that accept TRICARE?  Better yet, do any of the hospitals have a TRICARE office?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a TRICARE website with the information you need.  I telephoned a friend, former US Navy now retired, who is visiting California at the moment.  He resides in Iloilo with his wife.  He said that Medical City has hospitals all over the country and they are authorized providers.  Contact their medical concierge who is trained to help TRICARE patients.  In the Subic/Clark area, try Medical City Clark.

Edited by JJReyes

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Does anybody know of Hospitals in the Subic/Clark area that accept TRICARE?

Yes, Tricare is widely accepted in the Philippines. Google Tricare overseas, I suggest searching your desired province for starters.

42 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Better yet, do any of the hospitals have a TRICARE office?

I can only speak for Asian Hospital in the Metro Manila where we go. They have an international insurance office that deals with all sorts of international insurance plans. They are very, very well versed with the Tricare program and we have never had any major issues with them. In fact, we will call them ahead of time, they arrange an appointment with the desired doctor and have all the forms filled out for us prior to our appointment. All we really need to do is go to the appointment then to the cashier to make the co-payment and the office takes care of the rest.

Logic (which I admit is in short supply at times here :whistling:) tells me that other major hospitals are the same.

• Like 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Go to the TriCare Overseas website....They have a by Dr, Clinic, Ospital listing...

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Yes, Tricare is widely accepted in the Philippines. Google Tricare overseas, I suggest searching your desired province for starters.

I can only speak for Asian Hospital in the Metro Manila where we go. They have an international insurance office that deals with all sorts of international insurance plans. They are very, very well versed with the Tricare program and we have never had any major issues with them. In fact, we will call them ahead of time, they arrange an appointment with the desired doctor and have all the forms filled out for us prior to our appointment. All we really need to do is go to the appointment then to the cashier to make the co-payment and the office takes care of the rest.

Logic (which I admit is in short supply at times here :whistling:) tells me that other major hospitals are the same.

yeah, I have used the Asian Hospital many many times, was wondering if there was a similar setup anywhere else in the Philippines.   Kind of get spoiled there!!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

If this subject has already been addressed my apologies.   Does anybody know of Hospitals in the Subic/Clark area that accept TRICARE?  Better yet, do any of the hospitals have a TRICARE office?

As mentioned, I am fairly certain Medical City Clark has Tricare and perhaps an office too.  You can call:

https://www.themedicalcityclark.com/

Here is Subic, Harbor Point used to be Tricare certified but they lost it.  They were then taken over by ACE, and I don't know if they got it back.

Here is your best resource for good info.  Jack Walker runs the RAO office here.  He knows what the current status is.  Ask him to be on his newsletter or follow RAO on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068961685982

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a curiosity about TRICARE.  There is a monthly premium plus an annual deductible of $150.  You are responsible for 25% of the bill under the co-pay agreement.  It seems good for catastrophic illnesses like cancer, but it might be expensive for routine medical and minor procedures.  What is the negotiated rate for hospital care under TRICARE?  Likewise, doctors and hospitals might be charging higher rates because of all the paperwork compared to paying in cash for services. 

A typical visit to a doctor may cost in cash $20.  If the negotiated rate is $100, your co-pay is $25.  This may not sound logical, but we are dealing with a federal agency.

Edited by JJReyes

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I have a curiosity about TRICARE.  There is a monthly premium plus an annual deductible of $150.  You are responsible for 25% of the bill under the co-pay agreement.  It seems good for catastrophic illnesses like cancer, but it might be expensive for routine medical and minor procedures.  What is the negotiated rate for hospital care under TRICARE?  Likewise, doctors and hospitals might be charging higher rates because of all the paperwork compared to paying in cash for services. 

A typical visit to a doctor may cost in cash $20.  If the negotiated rate is $100, your co-pay is $25.  This may not sound logical, but we are dealing with a federal agency.

Our family has been in the Tricare system since it's beginning, never paid a deductible.

Now we have paid a "Copay" of usually of $30 for Urgycare or civilian hospitals and never paid anything else. 

We mostly use military clinics or hospitals when we can and never pay a dime. 

Also, all our medicines & prescriptions are free at military pharmacies, sometimes a small copay if received on the civilian sector side.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
Just now, MotorSarge said:

Our family has been in the Tricare system since it's beginning, never paid a deductible.

Now we have paid a "Copay" of usually of $30 for Urgycare or civilian hospitals and never paid anything else. 

We mostly use military clinics or hospitals when we can and never pay a dime. 

Also, all our medicines & prescriptions are free at military pharmacies, sometimes a small copay if received on the civilian sector side.

Our last son was born in a civilian hospital, paid a few copays for checkups along the way and his birth and nothing else.

We had one emergency back around 2018 that the itemized billing was around $14,000.00 USD, we paid $30.00. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Our last son was born in a civilian hospital, paid a few copays for checkups along the way and his birth and nothing else.

We had one emergency back around 2018 that the itemized billing was around $14,000.00 USD, we paid $30.00. 

Is there any difference if you are retired and living in a foreign country?