TRICARE

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Something else to be aware of also.

This article is 2 years old and not all inclusive, there has been additional facilities added to the list since it's posting.

I am very unhappy about it to say the least after signing a contract & spending more than half of my life in the US Army with two Combat Deployments and other destructive activities that not only effected myself but my whole family.

Our family still utilizes a MTF on Post for Vaccinations, Physicals, Lab Work, Prescriptions, etc.

Now for any emergencies, surgeries or other like serious matters we are outsourced to civilian hospitals or urgy-care clinics.

In my opinion, there is a big difference of quality of care, facility upkeep, patient care, safety and street riff raff between Military VS Civilian medical facilities. 

What Contract, slap in the dam face!

While our deeply corrupt administration is pouring money out to every other dam corrupt country, organization's and lining their pockets while kicking the Working Class, Vets, Retirees, Taxpayers to the curb!

This is the number one reason for my leaving the US.

I have many other reasons but don't want to get too off topic or reply remove for sounding political.

:Mad:

Here's the List of Military Clinics That Will No Longer Serve Retirees, Families | Military.com

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Something else to be aware of also.

This article is 2 years old and not all inclusive, there has been additional facilities added to the list since it's posting.

I am very unhappy about it to say the least after signing a contract & spending more than half of my life in the US Army with two Combat Deployments and other destructive activities that not only effected myself but my whole family.

Our family still utilizes a MTF on Post for Vaccinations, Physicals, Lab Work, Prescriptions, etc.

Now for any emergencies, surgeries or other like serious matters we are outsourced to civilian hospitals or urgy-care clinics.

In my opinion, there is a big difference of quality of care, facility upkeep, patient care, safety and street riff raff between Military VS Civilian medical facilities. 

What Contract, slap in the dam face!

While our deeply corrupt administration is pouring money out to every other dam corrupt country, organization's and lining their pockets while kicking the Working Class, Vets, Retirees, Taxpayers to the curb!

This is the number one reason for my leaving the US.

I have many other reasons but don't want to get too off topic or reply remove for sounding political.

:Mad:

Here's the List of Military Clinics That Will No Longer Serve Retirees, Families | Military.com

Wow, I have been using civilian Doctors for over 20 years now, and have been more than satisfied with the care I have received.  Currently there is there is a global shortage of 4.3 million physicians, nurses, and other health professionals, USA is obviously impacted as well.   I think you would agree that the priority in our military must be active duty personnel.   I dont feel like I am being kicked to the curb, they provide me the care I need.... who cares if the Doctor or PA is a civilian or a member of the Military?   Many, if not most, of the Drs in Military clinics/hospitals are civilian now anyway. 

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Wow, I have been using civilian Doctors for over 20 years now, and have been more than satisfied with the care I have received.  Currently there is there is a global shortage of 4.3 million physicians, nurses, and other health professionals, USA is obviously impacted as well.   I think you would agree that the priority in our military must be active duty personnel.   I dont feel like I am being kicked to the curb, they provide me the care I need.... who cares if the Doctor or PA is a civilian or a member of the Military?   Many, if not most, of the Drs in Military clinics/hospitals are civilian now anyway. 

Maybe true, I agree with your reply but with a frown.

Just hard to accept after receiving 90% or more of our care from a MTF for more than half my lifetime and the majority of my kids lifetimes.

I signed a contract, went above and beyond, became rigid and just very unhappy about it.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

I signed a contract, went above and beyond

As did I, and even though it seems like a lifetime ago, I still miss it.   And for sure I was spoiled by the easy medical access/care I received during my 22 years (especially dental), I still feel like my needs are being met; most retirees would give anything to have the health insurance we have.   Just for perspective, the spending is going up and up   image.jpeg

• Like 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

As did I, and even though it seems like a lifetime ago, I still miss it.   And for sure I was spoiled by the easy medical access/care I received during my 22 years (especially dental), I still feel like my needs are being met; most retirees would give anything to have the health insurance we have.   Just for perspective, the spending is going up and up   image.jpeg

You gotta remember in the last two decades the US sent many more Americans to combat with many more surviving injuries due to the new body armor systems than any other time since Vietnam & Desert Storm. I have personally witnessed this at the VA clincs.

• Like 1