Renewal of expired passport between Visa Extensions and ACR cards.

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, starrt said:

If in doubt about anything it is best to go in person to the local office to ask your questions, even then the answers may depend on who you speak to.

…….or how many blue notes you put on the table to get the answer you want to hear. 🤣🤣🤣

• Tommy T. featured this topic
  • Tommy T. unfeatured this topic
hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Kingpin said:

The annual report isn't connected to the 13a Visa,  all foreigners need to report regardless of what Visa they're on.

Even SRRV holders?

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Even SRRV holders?

Apparently not, they are special and deal with the PRA not the BI.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, TrevorH said:

I've never been for annual check.

If you are on a tourist visa, staying long term, you are probably doing 2 month or 6 month visa extensions.  Look at the last one that overlaps a January/February period.  You will see an Annual Report fee.  p300, I think.

• Like 1

TrevorH
Posted
Posted

You're right. Thanks for that.

• 2 months later...
starrt
Posted
Posted

When I was at the BI loffice at SM Aura yesterday I asked what procedures, rules, etc, apply when getting a new passport.

I was told that I would have to go to the main BI office at Intramuros to get whatever done.

There are two issues, one, for whatever reason, is that the latest entry stamp from BI when arriving in the country has to be "transferred" to the new passport.

The 13a visa does not have to be "transferred" if you travel with the old passport and present it along with the new one when leaving/entering the country. There is a way of transferring the 13a visa to the new passport, but I haven't found out the procedure as yet, or the cost.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, starrt said:

The 13a visa does not have to be "transferred" if you travel with the old passport and present it along with the new one when leaving/entering the country. There is a way of transferring the 13a visa to the new passport, but I haven't found out the procedure as yet, or the cost.

I was told the same when I renewed my USA passport.  Have not traveled out of the country since the renewal so am curious to know how it works.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

I was told the same when I renewed my USA passport.  Have not traveled out of the country since the renewal so am curious to know how it works.

When I queried this when I renewed my passport the BI said to ensure I took both old and new passports with me If I went outside the country. They didn't suggest it was possible to transfer the 13a visa and I don't really see why anyone would want the hassle of doing so when simply carrying both passports suffices.