NFL update

Me2
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Using NORD VPN, I am able to watch all the NFL games on NFL Plus   https://www.nfl.com/plus/?tempGrants=NFL_PLUS_PREMIUM   

Able to access Amazon Prime as well.

Hi CBL thanks for the info. I have a PIA VPN ($40/yr). But I am finding $14.99/mo or $99.99/yr for NFL+ Premium (as you advised to get the recorded games) AND no mention of Amazon Prime. I have Amazon Prime through my Globe account for P149. I assume the Prime your talking about is USA Prime. Not sure what the difference would be. Am I missing something?

Thanks everybody for the info!!

Dean

Me2
Posted
Posted

Cool!!!!!!  My posted no longer need to be approved!!

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Me2 said:

Hi CBL thanks for the info. I have a PIA VPN ($40/yr). But I am finding $14.99/mo or $99.99/yr for NFL+ Premium (as you advised to get the recorded games) AND no mention of Amazon Prime. I have Amazon Prime through my Globe account for P149. I assume the Prime your talking about is USA Prime. Not sure what the difference would be. Am I missing something?

Dean

Amazon Prime, like Netflix, offers different programs in different countries.  If you subscribe to either here in the Philippines you will get the local programming unless you use a VPN and then access the USA site, for example.  That said, I wonder how folks who subscribed here and pay the local fee, which is much cheaper than the USA one, can get access to the wider US library that they're not paying for?  

Maybe someone who actually does this can clarify how that works?  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Me2 said:

Dean

Hey Dean, the price might have gone up 20 bucks since I signed up, not sure why it would since the season already started, but I have seen stranger things.  As far as Amazon prime, I will let my membership run out soon.  The USA version does offer more movie selection etc. and I can watch Thursday night football live if I so desire.  Dont really need prime over here though, the free shipping does not require prime. 

Me2
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

Amazon Prime, like Netflix, offers different programs in different countries.  If you subscribe to either here in the Philippines you will get the local programming unless you use a VPN and then access the USA site, for example.  That said, I wonder how folks who subscribed here and pay the local fee, which is much cheaper than the USA one, can get access to the wider US library that they're not paying for?  

Maybe someone who actually does this can clarify how that works?  

13 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Hey Dean, the price might have gone up 20 bucks since I signed up, not sure why it would since the season already started, but I have seen stranger things.  As far as Amazon prime, I will let my membership run out soon.  The USA version does offer more movie selection etc. and I can watch Thursday night football live if I so desire.  Dont really need prime over here though, the free shipping does not require prime. 

I subscribe to both AP and Netflix here in the PI. I believe both are P149/mo. When I log on to AP, the site is just primevideodotcom. No ph. Logged on with my VPN on for Atlanta, GA, USA, and search for the Thursday Night Football Game this past week. It responds with "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to primevideo.com/vpn." And the video selection is local programming. There is a lot of US and other country content. But don't believe it is accessing USA site content. As HKB says I too would love to see clarification on whether it's possible to access the USA site using PH acct from PI.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Me2 said:

I subscribe to both AP and Netflix here in the PI. I believe both are P149/mo. When I log on to AP, the site is just primevideodotcom. No ph. Logged on with my VPN on for Atlanta, GA, USA, and search for the Thursday Night Football Game this past week. It responds with "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to primevideo.com/vpn." And the video selection is local programming. There is a lot of US and other country content. But don't believe it is accessing USA site content. As HKB says I too would love to see clarification on whether it's possible to access the USA site using PH acct from PI.

Thanks guys

I've asked thus same question a few times and nobody has really been able to clarify,  somehow.

In short,  it's my belief that anyone who sets up an Amazon or Netflix account here in the PI will only be able to access the local library regardless of using a VPN - perhaps your experience detailed above confirms that. Also, my American neighbour piggy backs onto his son's Netflix US account but doesn't use a VPN -  he gets the local library just like me. 

If you subscribe in the US and watch here using a VPN you will get the US library - I think.

Otherwise,  every man and his dog would subscribe to whatever country was cheapest and then use a VPN to access the most extensive, and expensive, library surely?

Me2
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If you subscribe in the US and watch here using a VPN you will get the US library - I think.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

In short,  it's my belief that anyone who sets up an Amazon or Netflix account here in the PI will only be able to access the local library regardless of using a VPN

I do not know for certain, but my guess is, if you set either up using a VPN that utilizes a US IP address you will be recognized as living in the US, and will get the US library.   Important note, not all VPNs are the same.   I was not able to access many sites using Bitdefender VPN, but when I switched to NORDVPN, I was able to access the football site, amazon, netflix etc (with a US IP address) 

• Thanks 1