Posted

Billy goat gruff, has awoken, :hystery::hystery:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good luck settling down in Yati Liloan Mikey. It should be quick and easy for you guys to head north into the countryside.

Our family is south of Cebu City above Talisay. Hard to get anyplace from there as well so much traffic at times.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I do miss the perceived convenience of calling up a Grab Taxi to go pretty much anywhere

What happens when you try, no cars available?

• 1 month later...
MikeyD
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, Kingpin said:

What happens when you try, no cars available?

We have only gotten a taxi from here twice and both times my wife called a taxi company directly.  I have pulled up Grab taxi several times here just to see what is available and it usually shows Grab Taxi, GrabCar 4-Seater and GrabCar 6-seater with a pick up time of 30 to 60 minutes but I haven't actually tried to book a taxi through Grab yet.  There was one time a few weeks ago when I was in Cebu City that I tried to book a Grab taxi after heavy rains and street flooding in Cebu City and when I tried to book it, it kept saying no drivers were available in the area so I don't think I will know for sure how well it works up here until I actually try to book one.  It is good to know that we can probably get a taxi by calling them direct.

• 1 month later...
MikeyD
Posted
Posted

We finally decided to take a Grab taxi from Yati Liloan to Cebu City.  When I booked the ride the taxi picked us up in less than 10 minutes and took us to our desired destination.  Only time will tell if it will work that well all the time, but at least it worked well the first time and probably means it will work as long as Grab taxi drivers are working in the area. 

On a side note, we were in the Sogod/Borbon area the other day and I pulled up Grab to see if it worked out there but when I selected a destination, I got a message that said "Sorry, Grab's not available in this region".  I normally see "Car" as an option which is where I book the Grab Taxis but out there it said "Transport" instead.  There was no "Mart" or "Food" options.

When in Yati Liloan, I do have the "Mart" and "Food" options.  I have used both but of course there are not nearly as many options as in Cebu City.

Another thing we are experiencing is the insane traffic to/from Cebu City during the weekdays.  Sometimes it takes up to an hour and a half to get to the city whereas maybe around 45 minutes on weekends.  

• Like 2