7 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

I have NFCU, what is SDFCU?

State Department Federal Credit Union

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, baronapart said:

Chase has been closing accounts without warning with increasing regularity. I just don't trust them.

I have not heard that with Chase, yet.  Other banks, yes.  When I talked to them this last week, I did make a point that I was living in the Philippines, because I needed to do that for my wire transfer.  The one guy told me, keep a U.S. number and a current debit card, and that I could order a new debit card and it would be sent to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

I have NFCU, what is SDFCU?

State Department Federal Credit Union ...not everyone can join but they have more affiliates than many others.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Chase Total Checking.  No fee but also no interest, so I don't keep much in there.

I have Chase Total Checking, there's a $12 monthly fee, that's why I'm considering closing it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I have Chase Total Checking, there's a $12 monthly fee, that's why I'm considering closing it.

That's odd.  I have had it since 2012.  Maybe I am grandfathered?  They did add a fee to my savings account last year if balance is under $500.

I would never pay $12 a month.

Edited by OnMyWay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I have my SS direct deposit there.  That might be why I have no fee.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

been using my same Federal Credit Union since I have been here.  I send myself cash via Western Union or Wise.  When sending to Gcash there is no fee using western union and in 12 years I have never had a problem getting money.  For the most part I use my credit cards when possible (important to get a credit card with no international fee).  Phone service I use T-mobile, pay a flat fee and as long as I connect via WIFI, I can call the USA free unlimited.  I also have unlimited minutes for surfing the web, and texting connecting to either smart or globe.  I have had the same US number for about 20 or so years now.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Phone service I use T-mobile, pay a flat fee and as long as I connect via WIFI, I can call the USA free unlimited.

How much is the monthly?  I might have a look next time I am in the U.S.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

How much is the monthly?  I might have a look next time I am in the U.S.

I just changed plans, I was paying 55 a month, and in my opinion it was a great deal.  Like I said, it was unlimited use within the Philippines smart or globe (text and surfing) and unlimited calling back to the USA as long as I was connected via WIFI.  Was also unlimited within the Philippines when connected to WIFI using 3rd party apps such as viber