Wire Transfers From Chase U.S. To Philippines

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted (edited)

OnMyWay, a lot of good information.  Some of which I've experienced.  I was in Korea (South) for several years, now in the US to recover from surgery, then soon back to the Philippines.  We've been sending big blocks of money to my wife's Philippine bank and haven't had any issues, EXCEPT, as you mentioned, they now ask for a reason for the transfer.  We're building our house so I always use construction for the purpose.  Even Western Union asks for this info if the amount is above a certain point; I think around $1000US.  The banking security is really hit-or-miss, sometimes things go through without any explanation, and other times I can't get a transaction to work even with human intervention at the bank.  I was using Capital One Bank for most overseas purchases, but they were not good for money transfers.  Navy Federal Credit Union has been a lifesaver for moving money overseas, although they have their security issues as well and they don't have offices in the Philippines.  I have a Chase account and have been thinking of using them for my banking, but will research more.  As for VOIP phones and VPN accounts, I think some of the banks have those accounts flagged due to fraudulent use.  I have a Skype phone number that works anywhere in the world as long as I have access to internet.  It even rings on my mobile phone as long as I have data.  It is great for getting text confirmation pin codes, but texts to Skype don't work with all commercial entities, especially banks.  If they have a voice confirmation option, voice calls always go through on Skype phone, it's just the texts that sometimes get rejected.

Edited by Maxheadspace
  • Like 2

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 10/20/2023 at 12:48 AM, Kingpin said:

I have Chase Total Checking, there's a $12 monthly fee, that's why I'm considering closing it.

Did you get your Chase account in the Philippines?  I have a Chase account in the US, but in the Philippines it is JPMorgan Chase.  I was thinking of opening a JPMorgan Chase account to have the link between the US and Philippines, but if I recall correctly, the last time I looked there was a substantial initial deposit requirement at JPMorgan Chase.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

Did you get your Chase account in the Philippines?  I have a Chase account in the US, but in the Philippines it is JPMorgan Chase.  I was thinking of opening a JPMorgan Chase account to have the link between the US and Philippines, but if I recall correctly, the last time I looked there was a substantial initial deposit requirement at JPMorgan Chase.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

I might be wrong, but I don't think Chase has consumer retail banking in the Philippines.  Just commercial.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2023 at 4:15 AM, OnMyWay said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think Chase has consumer retail banking in the Philippines.  Just commercial.

You are not wrong  https://www.jpmorgan.com/PH/en/about-us

• 3 weeks later...
Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2023 at 3:00 AM, Maxheadspace said:

Did you get your Chase account in the Philippines?

US. 1500 min compared to 75k for HSBC.   HSBC is worth every cent though, and Chase is getting to the point where it isn't worth anything.