Rent or Buy?

Graywulf
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2023 at 6:54 AM, MotorSarge said:

Or unless you go the SRRV route which I believe they waive up to $7,000.00 usd.

which is what I'd be doing. As the bike is only a C50T about 4kUS I might slip in under the allowance

Graywulf
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2023 at 3:34 PM, Freebie said:

Ive been around a great many islands here and beleive it or not, a larger bike isnt going to help you versus a smaller bike.

Siquijor, Bantayan, Guimaras, Camotes, Romblon, Panglao, Puerto Galera, Southern Leyte,.. done all on small rented bikes, with a lady seated behind me. 

Would have preferred to have had my own smaller bike, vs a rented one but given that roads can be windy, potholed, dogs in street, the slower one goes, actually the safer one is.

Only had one accident in all my island visits, where there was a brownout one night, going down a hill with potholes, strong rain and dog runs into road..I left a lot of skin on that road, as did the girl I was with. Thankfully we both had our own helmets nut the cheap crap bike rental places provide.

it's a C50T Suzuki... hardly a speed machine, but I know from a lifetime of riding, a small bike is not going to 'cut it' for comfort, luggage capacity etc. I'm one of those crazy buggers who has done 1000miles in a day before now,,, still regularly do 5-600km in a days ride.