Golf

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

anybody in the Clark or Subic area interested in getting together for some golf?   I am a HIGH handicap player, did not pick up a club till I was 57, but I enjoy it and its a great way to get out and get a little exercise.   If you want to play, let me know and we can try to set something up.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 10/23/2023 at 6:47 PM, craftbeerlover said:

anybody in the Clark or Subic area interested in getting together for some golf?   I am a HIGH handicap player, did not pick up a club till I was 57, but I enjoy it and its a great way to get out and get a little exercise.   If you want to play, let me know and we can try to set something up.

It seems we must not have a lot of players in the Clark/Subic area.  Maybe better to show up at a course and see what happens?

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It seems we must not have a lot of players in the Clark/Subic area.  Maybe better to show up at a course and see what happens?

That is what I had planned on, always easy to find a few people to play with.  

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, craftbeerlover said:

Or you could just play with yourself 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one and I just couldn’t resist! 

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Here in Subic at our one course, the bulk of players are Korean followed by Japanese.  The course is expensive but very nice now.  I had lunch there yesterday.  Good menu and prices were not as high as I expected.  The manager of the resto is a Japanese neighbor who is a really nice guy.

IMG_20231025_115701.jpg

• Like 3

longway
Posted
Posted

Do you know how much a round of golf at the Subic course costs? My home course here in the U.S. costs 2250 php including the cart for a senior on week days.  This is a city course and not real fancy but decent.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gator said:

Or you could just play with yourself 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one and I just couldn’t resist! 

I do need glasses 🤣

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, longway said:

Do you know how much a round of golf at the Subic course costs? My home course here in the U.S. costs 2250 php including the cart for a senior on week days.  This is a city course and not real fancy but decent.

Don't quote me, just a guess based on what I heard a few years ago.  $100+ including cart and caddy for non-member.  Call if you seriously want to know.  Perhaps some hotels have some packages.

https://www.subicgolf.com/

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Don't quote me, just a guess based on what I heard a few years ago.  $100+ including cart and caddy for non-member.  Call if you seriously want to know.  Perhaps some hotels have some packages.

https://www.subicgolf.com/

Nice looking course.  No mention of cost of play, but they do have pictures of the caddies.  I can't help but wonder if any of the caddies know how to play golf. :whistling:

image.png

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I can't help but wonder if any of the caddies know how to play golf.

I sold my clubs to one of the caddies last year!  She said the the pro shop would fix them up and fit them for her.  She was learning to golf.

Yeah, even with training, I wonder how much "golf help" they can offer.  However, there are a lot of lady golfers there.  We saw a group when we were there Wednesday.  Probably Korean wives of of Korean businessman.  Golf is huge for Koreans and the companies probably buy memberships for executives.

• Like 1