Some US Army vets have been given a chance to clear their records and be reinstated

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The "less than 2000" members discharged represented a bit under 1/2 of one percent of service members.  I can't help but wonder if the majority of those discharged decided this was an opportunity to exit the service prior to the end of their contract?  :89:  If that is the case I doubt that any of them would be wanting to return.

<snip>

The Army, which is the oldest branch of the U.S military, is also the service branch with the most personnel. In 2021, there were 482,416 active members in the U.S. Army.

<end snip>

• Like 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

The "less than 2000" members discharged represented a bit under 1/2 of one percent of service members.  I can't help but wonder if the majority of those discharged decided this was an opportunity to exit the service prior to the end of their contract?  :89:  If that is the case I doubt that any of them would be wanting to return.

<snip>

The Army, which is the oldest branch of the U.S military, is also the service branch with the most personnel. In 2021, there were 482,416 active members in the U.S. Army.

<end snip>

Without googling....you might right about the numbers, but I think the Navy was the first branch as they defended land to water borders??

longway
Posted
Posted

The services know who they gave those discharges to. Why don't they just change the records and let the persons know their record has been updated to .... instead of having the individual fill out forms and wait? Looks like More unnecessary punishment.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Without googling....you might right about the numbers, but I think the Navy was the first branch as they defended land to water borders??

<snip>

The Congress of the Confederation created the current United States Army on 3 June 1784. The United States Congress created the current United States Navy on 27 March 1794 and the current United States Marine Corps on 11 July 1798. All three services trace their origins to their respective Continental predecessors.

<end snip>

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 11/27/2023 at 6:40 AM, Mike J said:

<snip>

<end snip>

I'm in agreement with you on that one. I can't speak for the US military but the British Army had a few looking for any excuse to get out early without having to do time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1