Some US Army vets have been given a chance to clear their records and be reinstated

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Why would anyone want to go back to an employer that screwed them over. This proves the military screwed up in the first place and now wants them back because they got bad recruiting numbers now. Too bad idiots you have shown your true colors!

• Love it 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Late here Mr. Lee,

I'll be checking this out......and giving a follow up..

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

Why would anyone want to go back to an employer that screwed them over. This proves the military screwed up in the first place and now wants them back because they got bad recruiting numbers now. Too bad idiots you have shown your true colors!

It’s not necessarily about going back. A friends son refused the vaccine and was discharged from the Marine Corp. He served with distinction for 11 years and along with thousands of others was given a general discharge. That has presented a few problems, albeit minor ones, in finding employment. He’s in the process of having his record amended to obtain an honorable discharge. IMHO that’s the way it should have been right from the start. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3

Lee
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gator said:

Why would anyone want to go back to an employer that screwed them over.

In the military of my youth you were expected to follow orders whether you liked them, agreed with them, or not.

I don't see discharging someone from the service for not following orders as screwing them over. These young people voluntarily made the decision to not comply with the vaccine mandates-----since then they have had to live the with the consequences of their choices.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:
1 hour ago, Lee said:

11 hours ago, Gator said:

Why would anyone want to go back to an employer that screwed them over.

In the military of my youth you were expected to follow orders whether you liked them, agreed with them, or not.

I don't see discharging someone from the service for not following orders as screwing them over. These young people voluntarily made the decision to not comply with the vaccine mandates-----since then they have had to live the with the consequences of their choices.

Not sure how it happened but I wasn’t the one who said what you quoted, that was @Ram1957

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Agree.  What happens now if a soldier decides he/she does not want vaccine for measles, mumps, diphtheria, flu, rubella, smallpox, yellow fever, etc.?  The military is standing on a slippery slope when "mandatory" gets changed to "optional".   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Mike J said:

"optional".

Sounds like the new Gender Requirement....:popcorn:

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Not sure how it happened but I wasn’t the one who said what you quoted, that was @Ram1957

You're right Gator---I couldn't figure out a way to fix my mistake.

Edited by Lee

Lee
Posted
Posted

Follow up story.

Senator presses Army over backpay, religious freedoms for soldiers discharged for COVID vaccine refusal

Sen. Eric Schmitt, R-Mo., is pressing the U.S. Army for answers on behalf of former service members who were discharged for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine.

Nearly 2,000 service members were let go from the military after refusing to take the COVID-19 vaccine. Amid recruitment troubles in 2023, the Army recently sent a letter to the discharged soldiers, telling them they have the option to now correct their characterization of discharge and rejoin the branch. The Army has said the letters were part of a congressionally-mandated process. 

In a letter to Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth on Tuesday, Schmitt asked whether any soldiers would receive backpay if they decide to re-enlist, if they would be reinstated to their rank held before discharge, and whether the religious freedoms of service members will be protected moving forward.

"These mandates certainly harmed our military’s readiness and tragically destroyed the careers of thousands of brave volunteers," the Republican Senator wrote in a letter obtained by Fox News Digital. "These members have faced negative implications for veterans benefits and employment outside of the military. It is likely that most of those former members will never return to the military and serve our nation."

Read more.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senator-army-backpay-religious-freedoms-soldiers-discharged-covid-vaccine