Any online methods to pay bills (electric, water, etc)?

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

There used to be - Grab, Lazada, Shopee, or even a direct payment to the company - but they all stopped working.

It seems like all that's left is GCash, but I prefer to use my debit card to make wallet/bill payments, and I can't find a way to send funds to Gcash from my debit card.

Is there anything I'm missing?

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

There used to be - Grab, Lazada, Shopee, or even a direct payment to the company - but they all stopped working.

It seems like all that's left is GCash, but I prefer to use my debit card to make wallet/bill payments, and I can't find a way to send funds to Gcash from my debit card.

Is there anything I'm missing?

All I have used is Gcash which has been easy to send money to, via wise or western union.   No fee sending to gcash via western union (the exchange rate is not as good, but you still come out a little ahead compared to wise, wise is normally a little faster)

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I pay using my bank's online banking service - BPI.  It covers 2/3rds of my bills and I just pay the other 2 (electric and water) in SM when I'm in shopping.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I pay using my bank's online banking service - BPI.  It covers 2/3rds of my bills and I just pay the other 2 (electric and water) in SM when I'm in shopping.  

I use BPI and for the ones not in BPI I use Maya.  Maya seems to have everything.  I transfer money from BPI to Maya.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I can't find a way to send funds to Gcash from my debit card.

Foreign debit card?

I use Maya for some bills and fund it online from my BPI peso account.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Gcash which has been easy to send money to, via wise or western union. 

The problem with GCash is it can take a day or days for bank transfers to reach it, somehow they've programmed a digital system that closes on the weekend.

The Grab/Lazada/Shopee options were great, immediate transfer from debit card, immediate bill payment. I can only guess the pressure from Gcash and Maya forced them all to shut down. 

Edited by Kingpin

Gator
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

The problem with GCash is it can take a day or days for bank transfers to reach it, somehow they've programmed a digital system that closes on the weekend.

What local bank are you using? When I load my gcash account from the BPI app or website the pesos arrive immediately (even on weekends). Only occasionally has there been a glitch and that’s usually when gcash is down for one reason or the other. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

The Grab/Lazada/Shopee options were great, immediate transfer from debit card, immediate bill payment. I can only guess the pressure from Gcash and Maya forced them all to shut down.

The Lazada app on my cell phone still shows being able to pay a wide range of utility bills.  Have they turned off that feature?  

Screenshot_20231122_065208_com.lazada.android.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_065221_com.lazada.android.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gator said:

What local bank are you using? When I load my gcash account from the BPI app or website the pesos arrive immediately (even on weekends). Only occasionally has there been a glitch and that’s usually when gcash is down for one reason or the other. 

Same with Maya and BPI.  I usually do it on my phone as it is easier.  I open the Maya app to check my balance, then open BPI app to do the transfer.  Maya gets it within seconds and I make the payment.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Gator said:

What local bank are you using?

HSBC

43 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The Lazada app on my cell phone still shows being able to pay a wide range of utility bills.  Have they turned off that feature?  

Screenshot_20231122_065208_com.lazada.android.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_065221_com.lazada.android.jpg

It still shows on all the apps, and you can go through the steps, but the last step to pay fails...at least for the bills I'm trying to pay.

38 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Same with Maya and BPI.  I usually do it on my phone as it is easier.  I open the Maya app to check my balance, then open BPI app to do the transfer.  Maya gets it within seconds and I make the payment.

BPI  RCBC and UnionBank can also make direct payments to the VECO electric company too, but only those three.

Grab and Lazada can get immediate Wallet transfers from HSBC, but then no bill payment anymore.

Edited by Kingpin
  • Thanks 1