Any online methods to pay bills (electric, water, etc)?

Gator
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

HSBC

So not really a local bank. Looks like your only option is to use gcash or maya. As others have suggested you can fund them with your debit card via a one of the remittance services like world remit or western union. Or of course load them with cash at one of the many locations in the Phils. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

BPI does direct debit for phone and wfi but for some reason couldnt get the Meralco ( Manila electricity ) to work for direct debit. So my workaround is just to pay in advance , which works fine. Throw P20,000 on it via the BPI credit card and forget about electricity bills for next few months.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

BPI does direct debit for phone and wfi but for some reason couldnt get the Meralco ( Manila electricity ) to work for direct debit.

BPI has never had my Subic Enerzone either.  No problem on Maya.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gator said:

So not really a local bank. Looks like your only option is to use gcash or maya. As others have suggested you can fund them with your debit card via a one of the remittance services like world remit or western union.

They can both be funded online too; GCash through a bank account which is free but slow, and Maya through a debit card which costs 200p. I'll probably try Maya later.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kingpin said:

They can both be funded online too; GCash through a bank account which is free but slow, and Maya through a debit card which costs 200p. I'll probably try Maya later.

Another option is the 7/11 app. You can pay quite a few there I believe. I only used it once when I had some problem with Globe but with the app, it gives you a bar code and you can just let the cashier scan it and pay cash.

Another app is the Visan Electric Company. Will show you your bill with options to pay.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Another app is the Visan Electric Company. Will show you your bill with options to pay.

That's the one that only allows payment from 3 local banks they partnered with.

• 3 weeks later...
PinoyDani
Posted
Posted

Gcash stopped working on my phone after enabling "Developer Mode" in phone's setting. Maya's customer service is a nightmare when changing phone numbers. The only ones working for me are local bank bill payments.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I like when paying and " trying to pay " Maya , the screen says "Making your payment experience awesome ".. who writes that tosh and thinks anyone could find making a simple standard payment AWESOME........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1