Password Managers

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I have only one card, a local account, my other account is Australian and everything is done electronically, no app’s, no nothing, just for transfers. I don’t even have a card for it, no hassle of being scammed. With the local account you can do your shopping pay bills electronically and withdraw up to 50 K per day via titless teller, anything over that, we use a manager’s check. I think the trouble with people these days is they make it hard on themselves, cash is still king here.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, hk blues said:

In all my years of using credit cards all over the world, the only place I have had it cloned was in KL -

In the 5 years I lived in KL , my HSBC cards were cloned 4 times. And cards were always with me...Always inconvenient to get them replaced.

And in the 6 years in Manila, my BPI card , 3 times.. its usually used only  for Cebu Pacific for flights  but Abenson and Ansons were both the culprits here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now there is a Red Flag for anyone, we should never lose sight of a card

Not always possible Jack - isn't it pretty normal practice when paying by card in a restaurant to give the server your card and off they go to the till to process it?  I for one have never followed the server to the till in such a situation.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I for one have never followed the server to the till in such a situation.  

Most decent restaurants have up to date hand held machines that are brought to the Table + How else do you put your Pin number in? if Not

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

isn't it pretty normal practice when paying by card in a restaurant to give the server your card and off they go to the till to process it?  I for one have never followed the server to the till in such a situation.  

I will ask again then, How do you enter your pin, or do you give them your pin number:89::shock_40_anim_gif: For me , I go to the till to pay :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I will ask again then, How do you enter your pin, or do you give them your pin number:89::shock_40_anim_gif: For me , I go to the till to pay :tiphat:

That would depend on the respective establishment as to if they have a card reader or not. 

Regardless, we're going off track from my original point which is it's not always the case that the transaction can be processed in front of you.  Of course, that's much less the case than before with the advent of card readers.  My episode in KL was all of 20 years ago and long before card readers or PINs were introduced.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My episode in KL was all of 20 years ago and long before card readers or PINs were introduced.  

So bears very little relation to todays issues  don't you think?

Nowmoving on.pngTime I think :tiphat:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nowmoving on.pngTime I think :tiphat:

Picard Wtf Meme - Imgflip