Password Managers

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks @MikeBand @Gator!  It is your fault I have more questions!

Do most of these work on multiple devices, e.g., desktop and phone?

Not sure it makes sense, but would there be subscription for families?  For a few things I subscribe to, family plans save a lot for us, a family of 5.

Related to previous, would it be sensible to have it on my kid's devices?  Is there anything a kid would need to manage, or could I do it?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thoughts on PC Mag list?  Sorry Mike if I am hijacking!

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-password-managers

OUR TOP 8 PICKS

Dashlane

Best for Premium Password Management

Jump To Details 

Available at Dashlane

Check Price

1Password

Best for New Password Manager Users

Jump To Details 

Available at 1Password

Check Price

Keeper Password Manager & Digital Vault

Best for Secure Cross-Platform Password Management

Jump To Details 

Available at Keeper Security

Check Price

NordPass

Best for Business Account Administrators

Jump To Details 

Available at NordPass

Check Price

LogMeOnce Password Management Suite Ultimate

Best for Additional Features

Jump To Details 

Available at LogmeOnce

Check Price

Password Boss

Best for Browser Tools

Jump To Details 

Available at Password Boss

Check Price

RoboForm Everywhere

Best for Form-Filling Capabilities

Jump To Details 

Available at RoboForm

Check Price

Bitwarden

Best for Free Password Management

Jump To Details 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted (edited)

About 3 years ago someone got my card number and bought a one way ticket from haiti to New york. When I saw the charges i called up the airline and the credit card company. The airline said the person already took the flight. when i asked how in the hell did someone use my card. They said it happens quite often. Hell i have a hard time using my card but not the crooks. Luckily the ccc refunded the charges and sent me a new card here in PI. 5 days in total, so not too bad.

Edited by gbmmbg
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

About 3 years ago someone got my card number and bought a one way ticket from haiti to New york. When I saw the charges i called up the airline and the credit card company. The airline said the person already took the flight. when i asked how in the hell did someone use my card. They said it happens quite often. Hell i have a hard time using my card but not the crooks. Luckily the ccc refunded the charges and sent me a new card here in PI. 5 days in total, so not too bad.

I remember a few years back when some airlines would make you show the credit card used to book, when you check in.  Don't recall it recently.  Must have been a lot of that going on back then and perhaps now there are extra safeguards, like requiring the CVV.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks @MikeBand @Gator!  It is your fault I have more questions!

Do most of these work on multiple devices, e.g., desktop and phone?

Not sure it makes sense, but would there be subscription for families?  For a few things I subscribe to, family plans save a lot for us, a family of 5.

Related to previous, would it be sensible to have it on my kid's devices?  Is there anything a kid would need to manage, or could I do it?

I believe they all work on multiple platforms. I got a Family Plan that covers 5 members, unlimited devices for $5 a month with a 14 day free trial. I bought it when they had a 50% off for 1st year. I haven't put it on my kid's pc yet, don't think he needs it at this point because he only has a few logins. You have to separate the "vaults" and I haven't done that yet. The way it is now my spouse and I have access to each other's credentials which is what we want. I have child controls on his devices but I don't trust them completely and I hate to think of the damage he could do if he got ahold of our passwords and I don't think the cc companies would refund in that situation. There's a way to do it I haven't read up on it yet.

I can't recommend 1 over another, I just read the reviews from legit sources like PC Mag. A lot of reviews come from the companies that are selling the product.

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Hell i have a hard time using my card but not the crooks

I can relate to this.

I have never been able to use my CC to pay for a plane ticket online since I have lived here.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Lee said:

I can relate to this.

I have never been able to use my CC to pay for a plane ticket online since I have lived here.

You have a PayPal account? Cebu pacific and PAL both take that as payment. You can link whatever cc you want or even multiple ones to your PayPal account. Just have to set which cc you want as primary and change it accordingly before you make a purchase. I even used it to book my flight with United. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

In all my years of using credit cards all over the world, the only place I have had it cloned was in KL - almost certainly in the Hard Rock Cafe as It was the only place we lost sight of the card.  This was in the July and it wasn't until the December that charges appeared on our bill and it was just a matter of a quick call to the bank to cancel all charges and replace the card.  I almost admired whoever cloned it as they used it on nightclubs, champagne and petrol, funnily enough.  They probably has a better time in KL than I! :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Lee said:

That's strange as I have used Visa, Master Card and AMEX here with no problems for years

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

- almost certainly in the Hard Rock Cafe as It was the only place we lost sight of the card

Now there is a Red Flag for anyone, we should never lose sight of a card

• Like 1