VPN

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I was searching for a new VPN after deleting my previous service because of no performance.

Anyway I discovered Ultra VPN  for 38 Aussie dollars a year.

I just thought I would share this information to all.

Cheers to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I was searching for a new VPN after deleting my previous service because of no performance.

Anyway I discovered Ultra VPN  for 38 Aussie dollars a year.

I just thought I would share this information to all.

Cheers to all.

If Netflix Philippines doesn't up its game in the next couple of months I may well have to resort to using a VPN to access UK/US version - let us know know the new one performs if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If Netflix Philippines doesn't up its game in the next couple of months I may well have to resort to using a VPN to access UK/US version - let us know know the new one performs if you don't mind.

Done.

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

My sub to Nord ends in January so been looking at and testing other options on their free month trials.  Nord works great for me but it's getting pricey.  Granted, not as expensive as Express but still...   

So far Surf Shark is the front runner but I'll check out Ultra now.  The big thing for me is now that Amazon has the Aussie rights to World Cup cricket I need a VPN than can get around Amazon's difficult VPN blocking script.  With so much emphasis placed on Netflix many VPN's don't put much effort into other streaming services such as Amazon Prime etc. 

Yes, I'm a cricket tragic. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Hmm I'd forgotten about streaming cricket... Good point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
MikeyD
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2023 at 8:53 AM, BrettGC said:

My sub to Nord ends in January so been looking at and testing other options on their free month trials.  Nord works great for me but it's getting pricey.  Granted, not as expensive as Express but still...   

My Nord subscription also ends in January.  I received a notification of the charge for next year and it was 67% more than last year for the services I use.  I asked support why it increased so much and they replied about all of the wonderful improvements they have made.  I have been very satisfied with their products but I agree they are getting pricey.  Also contributing to the increase may be that last year was when I signed up and perhaps got some kind of introductory rate.  I think I'll let it ride this year and pay the increase and re-evaluate next year when hopefully I'll have less things going on.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I asked support why it increased so much and they replied about all of the wonderful improvements they have made. 

I expect the real reason is the bean counters told senior management that with a 67% increase they could lose 30+ percent of their subscribers and still have a net increase in revenue.  Fewer subscribers also means you need less support staff.  So more revenue, less salary expense, equals greater profits.   Many folks on any kind of subscription based software are often reluctant to stop the subscription because it is doing the job, they know how to use it, changing can be stressful.    

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

As the time draws closer they keep sending me discount emails more in line with the old pricing.  Over the last couple of months I've noticed Nord connections have slowed down significantly so I spent a week testing it.  Even with the vagaries of PI connections at times, I can confirm Nord servers are not what they used to be and speed has indeed reduced. 

I'm about to start testing Surf Shark on a free 1 month  trial, it seems to have the most features and best value for money including stuff you have to pay extra for in Nord.  Its reviews very well across all the bigger tech pages as well. 

• Like 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted
On 12/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, MikeyD said:

My Nord subscription also ends in January.  I received a notification of the charge for next year and it was 67% more than last year for the services I use.  I asked support why it increased so much and they replied about all of the wonderful improvements they have made.  I have been very satisfied with their products but I agree they are getting pricey.  Also contributing to the increase may be that last year was when I signed up and perhaps got some kind of introductory rate.  I think I'll let it ride this year and pay the increase and re-evaluate next year when hopefully I'll have less things going on.

My friend has Nord VPN (and Norton) on auto renew subscription, every year the price doubles, he doesn't care, it's too much trouble to change, me, no auto renew subscription, 3 days before my Nord ended i searched and bought a new 2 year subscription cheaper than the previous one, in the future if they kick up a stink, must auto renew, i'll go elsewhere.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Ozzyboy said:

My friend has Nord VPN (and Norton) on auto renew subscription, every year the price doubles, he doesn't care, it's too much trouble to change, me, no auto renew subscription, 3 days before my Nord ended i searched and bought a new 2 year subscription cheaper than the previous one, in the future if they kick up a stink, must auto renew, i'll go elsewhere.

You just have to go into your account information on their web site and turn off auto-renew in your account settings. 

• Like 1