Clothes

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

What have you all done with all your clothes from your previous life?   Suits, dress pants/shirts/shoes...and just a crap load of clothes you would no longer wear in the Philippines?   I've been lugging mine around for too long and am thinking about just putting them in the garbage.   In the US I would just donate them to goodwill. 

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

What have you all done with all your clothes from your previous life?   Suits, dress pants/shirts/shoes...and just a crap load of clothes you would no longer wear in the Philippines?   I've been lugging mine around for too long and am thinking about just putting them in the garbage.   In the US I would just donate them to goodwill. 

Try donating to an ukay ukay store.  They might be a hit!

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have 2 suitcases full of clothes I don't need here, but are too good to discard and I might use for future trips etc. Not in the way at all so no problem for me to hold on to. 

Any clothes I'm discarding go to the wife's family.  Actually, not just clothes but anything and everything because, as we know, nobody here throws anything away even if it's broken!

• Like 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Hestecrefter said:

Try donating to an ukay ukay store.  They might be a hit!

I worry that whomever receives the clothes will take what they think they can sell. 

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I have 2 suitcases full of clothes I don't need here, but are too good to discard and I might use for future trips etc. Not in the way at all so no problem for me to hold on to. 

Any clothes I'm discarding go to the wife's family.  Actually, not just clothes but anything and everything because, as we know, nobody here throws anything away even if it's broken!

Yes, I have donated MANY items to the family, but my clothes are too big for anybody in her family.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, craftbeerlover said:

I worry that whomever receives the clothes will take what they think they can sell. 

Possibly,  but does it really matter as long as you're shot of them?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, craftbeerlover said:

Yes, I have donated MANY items to the family, but my clothes are too big for anybody in her family.

Luckily, my body is a temple and I still have the figure of a twenty- something!

Either that or my wife's family are all fatties!

• Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Luckily, my body is a temple and I still have the figure of a twenty- something!

Either that or my wife's family are all fatties!

hahaha yeah I am still slim but 6  1... tallest in the family is about 5  8

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Possibly,  but does it really matter as long as you're shot of them?

I need to put aside my cynicism for a bit and think about giving them to Ukay Ukay... probably the best and quickest route

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

I need to put aside my cynicism for a bit and think about giving them to Ukay Ukay... probably the best and quickest route

Hang on to a few things for weddings and funerals.  I had 2 suits from my old life when I arrived.  My muscles got way to big for them, so when I went to NZ for a wedding, I had to buy a suit at a big and tall store.  So I have that huge thing, and my old suits fit now.  I probably have 50 neckties and 10 dresshirts too.

• Like 1