Clothes

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Those that I "outgrow" go to my extended Philippine family, friends, neighbors, etc., in that order.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Those that I "outgrow" go to my extended Philippine family, friends, neighbors, etc., in that order.

I was the opposite, I lost about 30 kG's and had to give the oversize shorts to my oversize BIL.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Most of my winter stuff went to friends and family that wanted or could fit into them - I'm the family runt - the rest went to charity.  I bought all my summer stuff that I'd worn in the previous two years before making the move plus some around the house older gear, as well as some jeans and a couple of jumpers for trips back.  Don't really need that much back with the family anyway, they mostly live in semi-tropical with very mild winters.  

Funny thing is I've dropped from 87kg to 77Kg in the two years I've been here so even the clothes I bought with me have been handed off to the rare larger local family member.  It's amazing what moving more and avoiding processed food, saturated fats and eating low GI carbs only for the most part can do for you.  We did just have Mang Insasal for lunch though and I did get stuck into the empanadas... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  I'm a sucker that stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Hang on to a few things for weddings and funerals.  I had 2 suits from my old life when I arrived.  My muscles got way to big for them, so when I went to NZ for a wedding, I had to buy a suit at a big and tall store.  So I have that huge thing, and my old suits fit now.  I probably have 50 neckties and 10 dresshirts too.

LOL really boring post I know, but I was BORED.  hahaha Your "BIG" suit reminded me of the old Talking Heads video, "Why the big suit"   Yeah I will probably keep a suit and a pair of dress shoes, and maybe a few shirts, but really need to just $%(@ can the rest.  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Most of my winter stuff went to friends and family that wanted or could fit into them - I'm the family runt - the rest went to charity.  I bought all my summer stuff that I'd worn in the previous two years before making the move plus some around the house older gear, as well as some jeans and a couple of jumpers for trips back.  Don't really need that much back with the family anyway, they mostly live in semi-tropical with very mild winters.  

Funny thing is I've dropped from 87kg to 77Kg in the two years I've been here so even the clothes I bought with me have been handed off to the rare larger local family member.  It's amazing what moving more and avoiding processed food, saturated fats and eating low GI carbs only for the most part can do for you.  We did just have Mang Insasal for lunch though and I did get stuck into the empanadas... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  I'm a sucker that stuff. 

I've lost weight here as well.   I dont each lunch and still try to exercise as much as before, and with all the fresh foods available on a daily basis, I understand why.  Problem is, I really dont want to lose any, would like to put a few KGs back on

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

I've lost weight here as well.   I dont each lunch and still try to exercise as much as before, and with all the fresh foods available on a daily basis, I understand why.  Problem is, I really dont want to lose any, would like to put a few KGs back on

Lol yeah, I get it.  I need to redistribute rather than lose any more.  Muscle weighs more than fat after all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Given away vast amounts.. Gfs brother , my building janitors and even some streetsweepers  here have all benefited. In my former life I was a made to measure suits guy, hand made shirts, silk ties, cufflinks guy for work and those suits , all sitting in Ikea storage boxes with me. Presumably  one or two will come out for weddings and funeral but havent worn a suit or collar and tie in 6 years.. tshirts and shorts are my daily attire. 

Had a few large bags of warm winter clothes in UK at sisters place , they went to a large Sue Ryder home .

Climbed Kilimajaro earlier this year so had to restock on winter items, thermals etc. Will keep them in case I do Everest base camp this or next year.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Freebie said:

Presumably  one or two will come out for weddings and funeral but havent worn a suit or collar and tie in 6 years.. tshirts and shorts are my daily attire.

My daily is also shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.  For weddings I wear a barong, for funerals I have a pair of dark pants and dark short sleeve shirt.   We are in the province so maybe the dress code for expats at those events is a bit more relaxed?   

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

We are in the province so maybe the dress code for expats at those events is a bit more relaxed?   

Yes, Im assuming for weddings and funerals in Europe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2023 at 5:27 PM, Freebie said:

Will keep them in case I do Everest base camp this or next year.

I'm sure you know all about these things, but this popped up so I am sharing.  Sounds too cheap but what do I know.

• Like 1