SRRV Visa

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

Anyone living in the Philippines on an SRRV visa?  How strict is the Philippine Government with the apostille process, aka document validation process?  I'm in the US and some of the documents they require are not notorizable, as in they're simply print-outs from my online accounts.  Namely, my retirement annuity statements from the government (my former employer) and my Social Security annuity (also government).  They're just print-outs from my accounts.  My military service record (DD-214) is the original, but it's almost 40 years old.  I'm wondering if the requirements are the same for a permanent resident visa (13A?).  I'm headed back to the Philippines in January and not sure how much effort I need to put into document validation before I travel.  My wife is already there, so I'll have to come in on a tourist visa this time.  

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

Anyone living in the Philippines on an SRRV visa?  How strict is the Philippine Government with the apostille process, aka document validation process?  I'm in the US and some of the documents they require are not notorizable, as in they're simply print-outs from my online accounts.  Namely, my retirement annuity statements from the government (my former employer) and my Social Security annuity (also government).  They're just print-outs from my accounts.  My military service record (DD-214) is the original, but it's almost 40 years old.  I'm wondering if the requirements are the same for a permanent resident visa (13A?).  I'm headed back to the Philippines in January and not sure how much effort I need to put into document validation before I travel.  My wife is already there, so I'll have to come in on a tourist visa this time.  

Copies of original documents and print outs from online sources can be notarized and would be accepted. Apostiled docs are a different horse. You have to send them to your governors office for that. I’m on a 13a which I applied for in the USA before coming back. An original copy with a raised seal of my marriage certificate was the only doc required to be Apostilized. The rest were notarized as certified true copies. You can do the same with your DD-214; I wouldn’t give the original to the Phil authorities. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 12/21/2023 at 4:03 AM, Gator said:

Copies of original documents and print outs from online sources can be notarized and would be accepted. Apostiled docs are a different horse. You have to send them to your governors office for that. I’m on a 13a which I applied for in the USA before coming back. An original copy with a raised seal of my marriage certificate was the only doc required to be Apostilized. The rest were notarized as certified true copies. You can do the same with your DD-214; I wouldn’t give the original to the Phil authorities. 

Sorry for the delayed response.  There are documents needed for the SRRV which in my case I doubt can be notarized or apostiled.  Or at least not without great effort.  My criminal background check is an automated process done on line and the results sent to me attached to an email, meaning I print the copy myself.  The Sheriff's office was loathe to take any action that required human intervention.  A notary likely isn't going to notarize a computer generated document for which I only have a printout.  My Federal pension would have to be apostiled by the Office of Personnel Management, which could take a year or more based on my past experience.  Maybe the 13a is the way to go.  How long did it take you to have your marriage certificate apostiled?  Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Just remember that under the 13A your wife effectively controls your stay in Philippines as she signs that you are allowed to be here with her. Anything goes wrong in the marriage and she can have you deported.  If you are comfortable with that, the 13A is easier.

But if you want more control over your destiny, rather than it being in wifes hands, then pursue the SRRV. 

Im sure married folks here will chime in with rebuttals that 99.9 of cases can and do  work out ok .....weve gone down this discussion route once or twice previously... lol

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

Im sure married folks here will chime in with rebuttals that 99.9 of cases can and do  work out ok .....weve gone down this discussion route once or twice previously... lol

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Freebie said:

Just remember that under the 13A your wife effectively controls your stay in Philippines as she signs that you are allowed to be here with her. Anything goes wrong in the marriage and she can have you deported.  If you are comfortable with that, the 13A is easier.

I figure I'll initially follow the 13A path while I get my ducks in order with the SRRV application.

longway
Posted
Posted
On 12/20/2023 at 10:48 AM, Maxheadspace said:

I used a local U.S. private Passport expeditor firm I found online for my SRRV document notaries (yes, printouts can be notarized and apostilled) The firm sent the documents that I told them had to be apostilled to the State Dept office (In your State Capital city not Federal, I happen to live in my states capital) . I got them back in three days. All were acceptable to the Phil towards my SRRVisa. You must do this in your home country. The Apostilled documents cost me a little bit more than just notorized, plus the transport fee to State and back. BTW, I never let my originals out of my sight. Just send copies.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Freebie said:

But if you want more control over your destiny, rather than it being in wifes hands, then pursue the SRRV. 

To be fair if I had an ex wife who wanted me deported I'd be leaving the country regardless of what visa I'm on lol

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

How long did it take you to have your marriage certificate apostiled?  Thanks for your feedback!

You’re most welcome. 

It only took a few days to get the marriage certificate apostiled. I sent two of them as I wanted one as a back up. 

• Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

I figure I'll initially follow the 13A path while I get my ducks in order with the SRRV application.

Can you have both - that will cause some confusion as to on what basis you are here?  I'm not sure the 13a can be cancelled by you after being issued - I know the 13a can be cancelled by the sponsor for various reasons.  

Just a thought before you go too far down that road.