Music Buffs/Audiophiles

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Wish I had kept all my old stereo equipment.   Well most of it anyway, some of it was pure crap

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I gave all my Albums to my brother, mostly Pink Floyd, some Led zep, Black Sabbath, and others.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

what you have is quite incredible

Oh don't worry, I am aware :cheers:

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I gave all my Albums to my brother, mostly Pink Floyd, some Led zep, Black Sabbath, and others.

Saw Black Sabbath with Blue Oyster Cult.   My ears may be still ringing.

• Like 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I worked as a DJ in the 70's got every new release given to me singles and albums, because of travel i started to thin down and gave (a lot) up to everything away, on TV i sometimes watch pawn shop programs where people try to sell their stuff and i see old albums selling for thousands thinking, i used to own that album, but no regrets, how many times can you listen to the old stuff, who will appreciate that technology in the future, time moves on, i'm thinning out my life as i realize nobody wants it and i can't take it with me and in the future it will only be a burden on the family, the new generation don't really want any antiques, me included, ha.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Ozzyboy said:

I worked as a DJ in the 70's got every new release given to me singles and albums, because of travel i started to thin down and gave (a lot) up to everything away, on TV i sometimes watch pawn shop programs where people try to sell their stuff and i see old albums selling for thousands thinking, i used to own that album, but no regrets, how many times can you listen to the old stuff, who will appreciate that technology in the future, time moves on, i'm thinning out my life as i realize nobody wants it and i can't take it with me and in the future it will only be a burden on the family, the new generation don't really want any antiques, me included, ha.

"However, in recent years, vinyl has made a comeback, with many music lovers rediscovering the unique sound and experience of vinyl records. Vinyl records are back and better than ever! In fact, in 2022, people spent a whopping $1.2 billion on vinyl records, a 20% jump from the previous year."