Blackout: Iloilo losing up to P500 million daily

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Brownout vs Blackout: https://www.181electrical.com.au/post/brownout-vs-blackout-whats-the-difference-and-how-do-you-get-your-electricity-back

Most blackouts here in PI are mischaracterised as brownouts. 

@Mike JExactly exactly the same situation here as well.  The unplanned outages are becoming a little more frequent (along with internet outages) as the road widening slowly moves north up the highway towards us from the provincial capital - I'm pretty sure the crane drivers etc never look up!

We're investigating the same solutions as you.  

Edit:  No power for about 6 weeks here after Odette but I arrived in January 2022 and we were living in Dumaguete so no issue for me. 

Yep...I think the link is from an Australian perspective. Here, folk seem to define a brownout as an unplanned outage and a blackout as a planned one.

We are pretty lucky in that we don't get many outages, maybe one every 3 weeks for an hour or less a time.  The one over the past few days was a repetition of one last April and no doubt we will face the same issue again in another 9 months or so!  The electric generator and provider both absolve themselves of blame so no hope for rectifying the situation.  

• Sad 2