Has Anyone Recently Sent a Pet to USA?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gator said:

Doubt you’ll have any problems with that breed. But one other thing to take into consideration (if you haven’t already). The weather along your route.

A German friend flew to Denver from Germany via Chicago. Temps in Chicago were well below 0. His flight from there to Denver got cancelled and rescheduled for the next day. They wouldn’t let him take his dog to the hotel. Dog nearly froze to death. When he picked it up in Denver it showed signs of frostbite to its nose, paws and privates. He eventually did get some compensation from Lufthansa, but it wasn’t much and certainly not enough for the trauma both he and his best friend in the world suffered. 

Thanks for that info, Gator. If - and it's a big IF - the Belgian would travel in September so, hopefully, the weather would be amenable to K-9 travelers?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Sort of related, but a bit off topic.

We brought both our dogs from the US when we moved here 10 years ago.  We flew Seattle>Japan>Manila.  Found pet friendly hotels for two nights, then on to Moalboal.

When we departed Japan after changing planes the cabin steward came to our seats. 

Steward - Are you Mr. Johnson?

Me - Yes.

Steward - I just wanted to let you know that your pets were safely transferred and are now on board.

Me - Thank you.  Did you tell the dogs that we were safely transferred and are now on board?

Steward - Puzzled look, Sir???? :hystery:

• Haha 3