Risks of dating or living with a woman with children in The Philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/159382/belgian-charged-child-trafficking

https://plnmedia.com/kids-traumatised-belgian-wrongful-arrest/

Poor fellow had been a friend of family for many years ( second story ) .

He had 6 months in prison i think before he was released , all charges dropped and probably no "sorry sir we made a mistake, we were just chasing a nice big headline".

A cautionary tale indeed.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's certainly a law that can be used at the discretion of certain individuals. 

From my perspective it's an individual choice whether to get involved with a single parent, 7yrs down the line if I arrived in the Philippines looking for over I wouldn't touch a single parent.

The way I see it a single parent is more likely to target a foreigner for financial security than for love and I'm sure those that have lived here a good few years know their fair share of relationships of convenience. When there's no love it only takes one argument and accusations and you're in the brown stuff. 

In a country when even a below average foreigner can find a partner every day of the week why settle for something that can cause issues further down the line? 

• Like 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 1/31/2024 at 8:42 AM, Rooster said:

I have seen on the news and have read where Foreigners get arrested at bus stops for being with a child who is not theirs. Videos of PNP warning one Foreigner that he could no longer give children a ride to church or be in their presence. There are other examples as well.

Can you share the news article?   I have lived here for a long time and have never heard anything like this happening (doesnt mean it hasnt happened).   Wondering if there is more to the story than, for example, "give children a ride to church".  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 1/31/2024 at 10:59 AM, Freebie said:

Very familiar with that rule /law. 2 years back GF wanted to bring her young son to stay in Manila for a few weeks.

That idea was shot down better than a Lockheed SR 72 could do....

Had to show her the law and how I couldnt and wouldnt be in the company of her son.

All it would take was one guard to called DWSD claiming illegality .

She was amazed and had never heard of such rules. The idea has never arisen since.

WOW, that is something I would never be concerned about.   Are you aware of anybody ever being arrested for being in the company of their GF's son?

• Like 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

WOW, that is something I would never be concerned about.   Are you aware of anybody ever being arrested for being in the company of their GF's son?

Yes.

Philippines is a country where even it's citizens can get arrested and thrown in prison for possession of a chainsaw. https://lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2002/ra_9175_2002.html

I's bizarre to me when foreigners try to help other foreigners by sharing Philippine laws to ensure they avoid prison, show them the law and the foreigners will display the attitude that "well have you ever heard of anyone getting arrested for that". 

Read the law. Consult an Attorney if you are unable to comprehend the law.  :cheersty:

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Rooster said:

Yes.

Philippines is a country where even it's citizens can get arrested and thrown in prison for possession of a chainsaw. https://lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2002/ra_9175_2002.html

I's bizarre to me when foreigners try to help other foreigners by sharing Philippine laws to ensure they avoid prison, show them the law and the foreigners will display the attitude that "well have you ever heard of anyone getting arrested for that". 

Read the law. Consult an Attorney if you are unable to comprehend the law.  :cheersty:

I am not knocking your "help", I just think in this particular case, it may be a little bit of an exaggeration.   I asked if you knew of somebody ever being arrested for being with their GFs son and you sent me a link about chainsaws. 

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The way I see it a single parent is more likely to target a foreigner for financial security

Husbands and ex BFs of single parents have been known to try to take advantage of these type situations for financial gain.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Love? 

ETA - My wife was never married and had no kids but I'm sure some of the members here have experience of such a situation.  Let's show a little respect for them and their relationships. 

Or, the flip side is, many guys come just because it is easy to get a sweet young girl here, and quickly move from relationship to relationship, without baggage.

Each person is at a different point in their life, and have different goals.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lee said:

Husbands and ex BFs of single parents have been known to try to take advantage of these type situations for financial gain.

Compared to that scenario, how many stories are there of beautiful young childless Filipinas taking advantage of foreign (usually older) men?

Edited by OnMyWay