US phone number and cell phone service for financial account authentication

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted

I am using https://www.smspool.net/ to rent an US number and works for Paypal. Paypal banned my Google Voice some time ago.

MikeyD
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2024 at 10:59 PM, OnMyWay said:

I opened SDFCU accounts a few years ago.  They are tailored for citizens living overseas.  I have not used the checking and savings accounts but now I am going to build up the relationship.  I was just approved for a good credit card and they have excellent CD rates, so I am going to park some money in a CD there.

I also opened SDFCU checking and savings accounts before I left the US and have recently started to use the checking account for minor purchases.  So far I have only used the checking account and debit card to pay for US expenses and nothing in the Philippines yet.  I plan to use them as a backup and like you want to build up the relationship.

I am curious, have you given them your address in the Philippines? 

I saw the forms to change address to an international address and phone number and was testing out what I would need to enter and accidentally submitted it somehow but with incomplete information.  I think I accidentally pressed the enter key.  Apparently there are no edits on that screen.  I sent them a secure email on their website telling them to cancel the address change request, hopefully they will without causing me any issues with my accounts.  I am debating whether or not to change my address with them from my US mail forwarding address to my actual Philippine physical address.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I also opened SDFCU checking and savings accounts before I left the US and have recently started to use the checking account for minor purchases.  So far I have only used the checking account and debit card to pay for US expenses and nothing in the Philippines yet.  I plan to use them as a backup and like you want to build up the relationship.

I am curious, have you given them your address in the Philippines? 

I saw the forms to change address to an international address and phone number and was testing out what I would need to enter and accidentally submitted it somehow but with incomplete information.  I think I accidentally pressed the enter key.  Apparently there are no edits on that screen.  I sent them a secure email on their website telling them to cancel the address change request, hopefully they will without causing me any issues with my accounts.  I am debating whether or not to change my address with them from my US mail forwarding address to my actual Philippine physical address.

Yes, I opened the checking and savings in 2018, while in PH, with my PH address.  I did not include my U.S. mailbox address.

A month ago I changed my PH address using the form you mentioned.

Two weeks ago I applied for their credit card.  They said they needed a U.S. address in order to check my credit.  I gave my U.S. mailbox to them by msg and was approved in a day or two.  My credit, banking, etc., is all with the mailbox.

Due to the recent address change, they said they would not mail the card for 30 days. Fine, but I asked how they would mail it.  U.S. Mail. ☹️. I said no no no, please don't!  I have not heard back from them so I need to follow up with a phone call.  I guess I will probably have to pay an express fee.