Is It Safe

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

hello againI am just after a few opinions since I am not sure if I am making the right decision.The lady who I have met is going back to her home city in just over a week as her job contract is ending,she invite me to take the trip with her to

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Havent been there myself but have heard a few negative things about the area. Not sure if anyone on the forum has been or is in that area?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
hello againI am just after a few opinions since I am not sure if I am making the right decision.The lady who I have met is going back to her home city in just over a week as her job contract is ending,she invite me to take the trip with her to

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't think there is much to worry about in Zamboanga City its self,its only in some areas of Mindanao that are a problem.My wife sometimes lives with her sister and family in the city and its been about 5 months since I heard of a bomb going off. The boats that she uses to go to her parents were held up by pirates a few months back and only one or was it two people were killed in the gun fire.Overall there are safe places and there are places never to go like Jolo Island but as I said before the city of Zamboanga should be safe.1391.gif

Mik
Posted
Posted

Marathon Man (1976)Christian Szell: Is it safe?... Is it safe? Babe: You're talking to me? Christian Szell: Is it safe? Babe: Is what safe? Christian Szell: Is it safe? Babe: I don't know what you mean. I can't tell you something's safe or not, unless I know specifically what you're talking about. Christian Szell: Is it safe? Babe: Tell me what the "it" refers to. Christian Szell: Is it safe? Babe: Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it. Christian Szell: Is it safe? Babe: No. It's not safe, it's... very dangerous, be careful. .

Genius
Posted
Posted

How is Butuan City viewed for safety ?and also how is Agusan del Sur, seen ? and Bayugan which is in A del S. Its the top of mindanao so I assume it is ok. What do you all say ?Thanks

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
How is Butuan City viewed for safety ?and also how is Agusan del Sur, seen ? and Bayugan which is in A del S. Its the top of mindanao so I assume it is ok. What do you all say ?Thanks
All seem to be safe and far away from the problem areas of Mindanao. Agusan had a hostage situation of a whole village a few weeks ago but no one was killed and it was basically a turf war that was settled without violence, no place is perfect.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
All seem to be safe and far away from the problem areas of Mindanao. Agusan had a hostage situation of a whole village a few weeks ago but no one was killed and it was basically a turf war that was settled without violence, no place is perfect.
A whole village is taken hostage, but since nobody gets killed, the conclusion is 'no place is perfect.' That is certainly true, but some places are a whole lot less perfect than others. Given that entire villages are taken hostage in turf wars, I'd stay away from there.

Travis
Posted
Posted

safe is a relative term, I am sure all those people who went to work at the world trade center thought they would be safe. the Muslim region of Mindanao would not be smart to go to if you are not a Filipino Muslim but I think other parts of Mindanao would be safer than some places in the US that I have had to work in,

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I have been to central Mindanao twice. Once in 2005 to get married and in 2009 for a visit. The town we were in has a large Muslim population. There were some places the relatives simply did not want me to go. Safety is like any place else in the world. Know the surroundings and educate yourself. Trust the family has your best interests and will look out for you. If you see a place you want to visit and they recommend against it then they know something you do not.My last night in the province several of us went to a Karaoke establishment. We were there for an hour when a group of four young men came in. My father in law and everyone else said it was time to go. Later they told me the men were members of the NPA.