Lack of privacy

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Viking said:

I have had a bad stomach last week but yesterday I decided it was time to visit a doc. We first went to a bigger place but it was absolutely crowded with people and I would probably waited most of the day before it would be my turn, so we left and found a private doctor.

A very small reception with 6 patients waiting. We had to explain our problem infront of all these people. Then I got my temp and weight checked. Waited for an hour maybe before it was my turn to see the doc. The people waiting talked a lot with each other but every time a new patient were signed in, they were quiet so that they could hear what problem the new patient had, hahaha.

The doctors room was right beside but the walls didn't go all the way to the ceiling, so it was easy to hear what the doc told the patient.

I got the help I was looking for and I am already feeling better so I am not complaining, but it was certainly not like the doc visits I have been to in my past.

Doc fee 300 p, lab test 150 p and medicine 500 p, no complain of that!

I told wife that if I have to go again, I will state that I have gonorrhea, syphilis and clamydia, just to watch their reactions. Her response to that was that she will not join me if I do say that, 🤣.

Privacy is certainly not a big thing here.

My Doc has a similar set-up with walls that don't go all the way to the ceiling and  even if they did they are so thin it wouldn't make much difference!  Luckily, as we use English I suspect most of the patients have only a limited understanding of what is being said anyway.  

P.S. I hope the medicine clears up the crabs! 

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

P.S. I hope the medicine clears up the crabs! 

Not again!

Pubic-lice-1296x728-Header-2413250891.jpg

pubic-lice.jpg

• Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

Just a quick follow up on this topic.

I'm now feeling good but there really is no privacy here, hahaha. The gossip from the doctors office spread really fast. I can't count how many times I got the question, how's your stomach now?

It seems like this have been the topic of the week in our barangay and I received the question from the tricycle drivers, in the sari-sari store, at the laundry shop, by the numerous kids running around and distant relatives. 😂

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

how's your stomach now?

Well, how is your stomach now (other than growing larger that is)? 🤣

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2024 at 8:10 PM, OnMyWay said:

Not again!

Pubic-lice-1296x728-Header-2413250891.jpg

Remindes me of my Navy days

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

Well, how is your stomach now (other than growing larger that is)? 🤣

😂

The truth is that my stomach always gets smaller when I'm in the Philippines. I never have the same appetite when I stay in a hot climate. Last 5 month trip I lost 14 kg!!! 

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think I can top all privacy issues. 

I had the pleasure of getting circumcised in Manila. Whilst the doctor was examining me his secretary came in to drop some documents off and had a good look. 

On the day of the operation no kidding about 8 nurses came to check me out including the anesthetist whilst a cleaner was busy sweeping around the bed. Closely followed by a doctor and his secretary for me to sign some documentation. As I was signing it he was checking me out again whilst the secretary had a good look. 

As I got wheeled into the theatre with everything on show two student nurses were filming me all the way through the operation. I then got checked out by about three other nurses once the op was done. 

Two weeks later about 7 stitches were still in and I went to my local doctor to get them removed. Skin had formed over some of them and it took about 30 mins to remove them which was fun. As the female doctor was removing them her receptionist came in to collect her bag which was left beside the bed I was laying on. She stood there throughout watching the doctor remove the stitches. 

Maybe those films go viral on FB soon, hahaha.

This kind of reminds me of the incident in Cebu a couple of years ago, when a man was filmed in the hospital when he got a Deo bottle removed from his anus. The operation room was filled with curious people who were filming and cheering and also put the film online.🙈

• Haha 1