BOC launches online baggage declaration for Cebu-bound passengers

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, scott h said:

What I would like to know is what happens if you just show up? Do they have a paper alternative to fill out at the ticket Kounter? Or do they just not allow you to board the plane?

The e-travel requirement got rid of the Departure Card that Filipino's normally filled out. E-travel is required for departing Filipinos only and I bet you won't get a boarding pass if you are not enrolled. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

When departing the Philippines, it only applies to Filipinos. https://etravel.gov.ph/frequently-asked-questions

Typical of a lot of rules and regs. here the detail in the link is ambiguous.  It lists those exempt and then specifies who have to complete it but many will fall between the cracks i.e. 13a and SRRV holders are not mentioned at all.

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

Yes you are correct on arriving foreigners, but it clearly states that only departing Filipinos require to fill it out when departing.

Who are required to register or update in the eTravel?

The following shall be required to register/update in the eTravel System, except foreign diplomats, and their dependents, foreign dignitaries, and members of their delegation, 9(e) visa holders, and holders of diplomatic and official/service passport: Arriving Filipino and foreign crewmembers; Arriving Filipino and foreign passengers; and Departing Filipino passengers.

I think we have a misunderstanding. All I was trying to point out was the misinformation given to me by an airline in an email I received. I’m well aware of requirements for eTravel. 

Screen shot from the email I just got: 

IMG_0212.jpeg

Edited by Gator

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

What I would like to know is what happens if you just show up? Do they have a paper alternative to fill out at the ticket Kounter? Or do they just not allow you to board the plane?

If they even ask for it. And yes, they do have paper cards to fill out. Not everyone has a smart phone. The other option is to fill it out online from a home computer or peso net shop and print it out before traveling. 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

NO reason not to complete it before flying. you have 72 hours to do.. its a really simple online form. I dont know what airlines would do.. Ive been asked for it every time I check in , its on the check in agents checklist. I have seen people who havent completed it, sent from Immigration counter to a pc provided where you can complete it... if you do that you can see the details of the thousands of previous passengers who also completed it.. they never seem to clear the cache.

The online customs form , seems if you dont complete you can also be given a paper form to complete also so some have reported.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

When I passed through Manila airport they had a desk where you could register online using the airport wifi and computer. 

• Like 1