Getting Ikea delivered to way out in South Luzon?

webroughtashrubbery
Posted
Posted

Hi guys...new here. Just trying to figure out how could we get some beds/mattresses delivered to South Luzon, not too far from Gumaca...

I believe Ikea doesn't deliver any further than Atimonan, and I'm not even sure they go that far. The furthest collection point might be the one in Batangas, but I'm not sure how to work our shipment from there. When you're shipping to faraway provinces, what kind of companies do you resort to? Would Lalamove work in this situation? Their support wasn't too helpful to provide some rough estimation for pricing...

Thanks!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have never used them , but https://www.transportify.com.ph/ might offer that type of service.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps it would be best if you contacted Ikea how to best ship to your area?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Perhaps it would be best if you contacted Ikea how to best ship to your area?

Now there is a very sensible answer, May I ask the OP is it all Flat packed?:tiphat:

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

We want TWO shrubberys.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.  If you have close neighbors, maybe they can suggest a delivery method. 

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Guy F. said:

We want TWO shrubberys.

Ni!

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have never used them , but https://www.transportify.com.ph/ might offer that type of service.

We used them last year when we moved. Rented a truck with 2 helpers. Very good service. Their app was a bit confusing, but the wife called their customer service and they were very helpful. I don’t know if they offer the service the OP requires, but it’s worth a try. 

@webroughtashrubbery . By coincidence I’m planning to go to IKEA / MoA tomorrow (Tuesday). I’ll be more than happy to ask their customer service about delivery options to your area. 

• Like 1

webroughtashrubbery
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot! We had the cart all ready to buy/ship for a while, just yesterday we found out larger items they don't handle, as they only ship things that can fit on a predetermined parcel size. It's encouraging to hear good comments about transportify, as this is one of the most promising ones we found for now. We are awaiting for Ikea's reply in the first place. Probably (but depending on what Ikea answers) we'll end up taking the order to the Batangas collection point, and then (this is my concern) get to see if the transportify guys can collect it for themselves from there and ship it to our home.

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, webroughtashrubbery said:

Thanks a lot! We had the cart all ready to buy/ship for a while, just yesterday we found out larger items they don't handle, as they only ship things that can fit on a predetermined parcel size. It's encouraging to hear good comments about transportify, as this is one of the most promising ones we found for now. We are awaiting for Ikea's reply in the first place. Probably (but depending on what Ikea answers) we'll end up taking the order to the Batangas collection point, and then (this is my concern) get to see if the transportify guys can collect it for themselves from there and ship it to our home.

Thanks for all the help!

Good luck and please let us all know how it worked out for you. And welcome to the forum! :cheersty:

• Like 1