Getting Ikea delivered to way out in South Luzon?

Viking
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, webroughtashrubbery said:

Hi guys...new here. Just trying to figure out how could we get some beds/mattresses delivered to South Luzon, not too far from Gumaca...

I believe Ikea doesn't deliver any further than Atimonan, and I'm not even sure they go that far. The furthest collection point might be the one in Batangas, but I'm not sure how to work our shipment from there. When you're shipping to faraway provinces, what kind of companies do you resort to? Would Lalamove work in this situation? Their support wasn't too helpful to provide some rough estimation for pricing...

Thanks!

Just want to inform you that if you just buying the mattress, it isn't as big as you may think, when it's packed. I bought one last year and had it delivered to my address just outside Manila. It comes rolled up in the size of a tube. Mine was around 160 cm long and 25 cm in diameter. This was a mattress with springs inside.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Perhaps not exactly what the OP is asking, I'd personally forget Ikea due to delivery hassles and order from Mandau Foam instead.  We have bought 3 beds from them and they are at least as good as Ikea quality.  Two were bought instore and one using their online ordering system which was easy to use. 

Just another option to consider.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Lalamove or transportify should work, put a tip amount in the note if they don't accept it without. They won't want it for the normal rate if they don't think they can get a load going back to Batangas.

• Like 2

webroughtashrubbery
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2024 at 10:01 AM, Viking said:

Just want to inform you that if you just buying the mattress, it isn't as big as you may think, when it's packed. I bought one last year and had it delivered to my address just outside Manila. It comes rolled up in the size of a tube. Mine was around 160 cm long and 25 cm in diameter. This was a mattress with springs inside.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! As we were buying it queen-size, it won't be as small, even rolled up. We ordered the bed and the mattress to be sent to the collection point, and I think we'll order from Transportify to get it shipped to our location. Thanks for the tip...about the tip, to get it accepted. It's indeed a long ride, so I'll probably have to do that.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, webroughtashrubbery said:

Thanks! As we were buying it queen-size, it won't be as small, even rolled up. We ordered the bed and the mattress to be sent to the collection point, and I think we'll order from Transportify to get it shipped to our location. Thanks for the tip...about the tip, to get it accepted. It's indeed a long ride, so I'll probably have to do that.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

My matress was also queen-size. I was confused when the stuff was delivered,  because I couldn't see the mattress. The delivery man pointed at the "tube" and I said no way that could be the right product. He insisted and after I had read the label on it I accepted it with some scepticism. It turned out to be the correct item. After unpacking, it expanded to the correct size within a few minutes.

• Like 1

webroughtashrubbery
Posted
Posted

Wow... Thanks, I guess I don't really need a big truck for the bed...But anyway that's what I got anyway, as IKEA doesn't put it very clearly on the description, they only put how many boxes, and the sometimes longest dimension/weight for each box, but that's...not all that informative if you're trying to figure a way to transport it maybe.

I have some other pet peeves with IKEA PH and their parcel/delivery system (unexplained why suddenly it jumps from delivery to pick-up... no feedback as to what measure you might have exceeded that makes now the order undeliverable and needs to be picked up only...and also no obvious way to make a shipment with more than one single parcel, other than making multiple orders with invisible max limits).

Anyway...it's kinda arranged now. Some guy on a minivan from Transportify will come pick up my bed from ikea and a few more items from Batangas on Saturday. Hopefully it will go all smoothly. Thanks everyone for all the help and tips!

• Like 2