Why?

HappyJack
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2024 at 12:20 AM, OnMyWay said:

Thanks for the heads up.  We will probably hire a UPVC window / door maker on Monday.  Going to see their factory and make a down payment.  They came for a site visit here today.  I'm getting 2 windows and 2 sliding doors, and they are not cheap.  Have gotten 3-4 quotes and for some reason the "wood-look" cost twice as much as plain white. 

This is the company:

https://www.facebook.com/upvcbyartem/

I will write down some questions to ask Monday about their installers.  Sub-contractors or in-house, time with company, quality control, etc.

I asked why to one guy at another company why the wood look is so expensive.  He said...

"Bcoz it is laminated and kinda rare. Mostly used by upperclass".

Sooo, if I were to get the cheap white ones, I am lower class! :shock_40_anim_gif:

Did you check out any SBMA companies or Olongapo ones?  I will be looking soon for sliding doors and windows also.  I'm looking for 1 piece custom made that will keep insects and geckos out.  The ones I have no they can crawl between. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, HappyJack said:

Did you check out any SBMA companies or Olongapo ones?  I will be looking soon for sliding doors and windows also.  I'm looking for 1 piece custom made that will keep insects and geckos out.  The ones I have no they can crawl between. 

We did not find any UPVC in SBMA.  There might be some small ones in Olongapo that buy the ingredients elsewhere and assemble in Olongapo.  I have seen a small one on Elicano St. but I would not go there to spend a lot.  There are several around Lubao / Dinalupihan / Hermosa that service this area.  The one I posted above in Lubao turned me off.  My wife met with them without me and the first thing out of their mouth was "Is your husband a foreigner?".  They then proceeded to tell us that it would cost 20k to add a screen door to our large 3 panel sliding door.  No thanks.

You may know of Ansony and many neighbors like them.  I'm not sure if they do UPVC.  They turned me off with their quote of 30k for a frameless shower enclosure.  We are getting the same for 15k from someone in Pampanga.

This company Vignet is a factory in Hermosa.  I contacted them and they only sell standard sized windows, but have partners who customize, like the Yumi in the video.  You can see Yumi hauling away the "ingredients" to go assemble elsewhere.  I actually found the video on the FB of UPVC in Dinalupihan, so I think they are are a partner.  We are going to talk to them.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/229182460277539

HappyJack
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We did not find any UPVC in SBMA.  There might be some small ones in Olongapo that buy the ingredients elsewhere and assemble in Olongapo.  I have seen a small one on Elicano St. but I would not go there to spend a lot.  There are several around Lubao / Dinalupihan / Hermosa that service this area.  The one I posted above in Lubao turned me off.  My wife met with them without me and the first thing out of their mouth was "Is your husband a foreigner?".  They then proceeded to tell us that it would cost 20k to add a screen door to our large 3 panel sliding door.  No thanks.

You may know of Ansony and many neighbors like them.  I'm not sure if they do UPVC.  They turned me off with their quote of 30k for a frameless shower enclosure.  We are getting the same for 15k from someone in Pampanga.

This company Vignet is a factory in Hermosa.  I contacted them and they only sell standard sized windows, but have partners who customize, like the Yumi in the video.  You can see Yumi hauling away the "ingredients" to go assemble elsewhere.  I actually found the video on the FB of UPVC in Dinalupihan, so I think they are are a partner.  We are going to talk to them.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/229182460277539

Ansony quoted me 28K for a frameless shower 1.5 years ago.  I hear they do quality work though. Who are you using from Pampanga for the shower door?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, HappyJack said:

Ansony quoted me 28K for a frameless shower 1.5 years ago.  I hear they do quality work though. Who are you using from Pampanga for the shower door?

My wife is dealing with them and I think think it is Infinity in Mexico, right next to SM Pampanga.  They have another FB page, Exquisite.

The window company in Lubao also has two FB pages, and the lady my wife is dealing with said one is hers and the other is the other sales person's.  We are leaning against them now.

HappyJack
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife is dealing with them and I think think it is Infinity in Mexico, right next to SM Pampanga.  They have another FB page, Exquisite.

The window company in Lubao also has two FB pages, and the lady my wife is dealing with said one is hers and the other is the other sales person's.  We are leaning against them now.

Thanks.  It is so hard to get professional work done here. 

P_X
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2024 at 6:28 AM, Mike J said:

When/if you find a good, solid, dependable, honest, highly capable, motivated worker - treat them like gold.  This is my guy Wilson who has worked off/on for us about 6-8 years.  The wall and walkway, all done by him, is our current work in progress.  The dark area will be new grass, hoping to turn the yard facing the ocean into a 9-hole putting green. 

IMG_20240405_111806.jpg

Awesome 

• Thanks 1